Putting on the kg over summer > back to the running

Oh well, my summer holiday is nearly over now, been "home", ate a lot, drank a lot, had a generally good time. And more specifically a LAZY time and I feel a bit bloated. Put on about 4kg \:\(

Those who had a summer break somewhere - how much did you put on over

Back to the running tonight, hope I can manage!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to take off the kilo's...lost 6 of them buggers so far. I'm prepping for snowboard season so i've got 15 more kilo's i want to get rid off. I run (a measly) 5 kilo's a morning in addition to lifting weights 5 days a week. Didn't this summer fly by?

I haven't run for about seven weeks and something resembling the inner tube of an inflated mountain-bike tyre has appreared around my waist \:\( . Have decide to cut back on the booze and may even go for a run if this rain keeps the dreaded heat down.

spent 3 weeks in indo and didn't put a penny on!

Surfing everyday keeps me fit as.

I could eat and drink as much as I want and would never put any weight on there!

as for being back here 2kg's + but most of that due to Arnolds program \:\)

i'm trying to put on weight, not cos i'm skinny, but hopefully because i'm putting on muscle. i have a goal of getting my body fat down to below 20% how accurate are the body fat measuring thingees at the gym... i tried it twice, two weeks apart just to see... and apparently i'd increased my body fat. suspicious since i have been lifting weights, doing lots of cardio, going surfing in the weekends and eating pretty well... i don't think i trust them!

if you are using the callipers then they aren't too bad. The electronic ones are done by height weight charts so are usually pretty off ( especially if you are not of normal height/weight for your age...)

Rather than worry about fat % so much just set yourself a realistic weight that you would like to reach.

Surfing and weights are not really going to put alot of muscle on for you unless you are doing a huge bodybuilding routine.

i'm not worried about weight at all, hence the body fat percentage since the lower your body fat, the more lean muscle mass...

personally, i think what i am doing (even if it is slow and excruciatingly hard work) will definately work. besides, what girl wants huge muscles. running, interval training, working all the muscle groups... lifting heavier weights with lower reps and lighter weights with higher reps to failure should do something, it's about getting stronger and toned... anyways, sorry, i must not have been clear about what my goals were the first time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shimba:
besides, what girl wants huge muscles.
I don't know any girl that does! Actually generally women are less likely to even touch weights because they think that they will start sprouting huge muscles all over the place. This was a common obstacle that I used to come across while I was working at a gym in Oz. Not saying that you think like that Shimba!..

Basically what I was trying to say is don't be a slave to those body fat readings! better to go on your weight and how your body is feeling!

where you been surfing?

Orange,

You can have a reading done at Green Arena if youre in the city sometime. Its worth getting done I think. We use to have em done in college once or twice a year.

Went for a run last night. Whoa! That was interesting. Ran about 5K for the first time in a long time. After this summer I was afraid Id have a heart attack if I went any further. Feel good today at least, no muscle pain and feel more relaxed. Need to get in shape for the season!!! \:D

Quote:
where you been surfing?
taneichi, the very northern part of iwate...

i have a question for anyone who can give me some good advice... got a bit of a bung leg from going a bit too big over a table back in april, knee went pop, was very painful, and now it is still achy and niggly. i have been working it at the gym, taking it easy with that knee but pushing it at the same time if that makes any sense at all... i've avoided running but have been using the treadmill the last couple of weeks and running about 5km cos i have to run 10km in october for the local marathon (with a my entire highschool - girls run 5, boys and me run 10). it doesn't always hurt, and usually once i've warmed up a bit, the pain generally goes away... but anyways, before i waffle for too long - can anyone tell me what i should be avioding and what i could do to help strengthen it... i've been doing lunges with weights, leg press, curl and extensions but any helpful advice would be great! \:\)

onegaishimasu!!! \:D