Putting on the kg over summer > back to the running

don't know exactly where it is in your knee that hurts but you shouls stay away from anything that hurts it! Running would be the hardest on your knees and if it's so bad and you want to ski this season, i would say blow the 10k off.

Squats with no weight or just a bar. Might help but again.. I ain't no doctor.

Go with how your body feels!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? what if 5km feels ok...? i kinda knew i was pushing it a bit, and skiing is definately the priority, but i tend to do that... i always had the plan that i would enter the run, pay, train and see how my knee went, and at any sign of things playing up, i would quit - i promised captain stag...

ill try the squats - they dont have a bar at the gym though, so maybe with no weights - one of my favourite exercises though, used to be able to do it with quite heavy weights...

anyway, if the info helps, the pain in the knee changes, like the pain is sometimes on the outside, sometimes inside, sometimes hurts when i walk, but sometimes not at all when i run... actually, thats a crap description, sorry!!

I thought my body looks nicer with tans after coming back from Cuba and didn't realize that I'm almost 2kg over now!!

Me, too. I have to go swimming more often.

Is there any good swimmer here? I'm good at freestyle but want to learn breast stroke now, especially how to kick and efficient timing of the leg kick and arm cycle.

Thanks, Indo.

Yeah, how to swim beautifully or fast is not so easy to learn by myself. And there are very few good swimmer in my swimming pool. Most of people are just floating! I should get back to swimming lesson for the first time in 20years.

Quote:
Originally posted by maoriboy:
swimming is the best form of exercise there is. \:\(
I'm afraid you're going to have to be a little more specific than that... esp. given that the fittest people are said to be boxers and cross-country skiers, (and let's face it, boxing is a damn sight more enjoyable than swimming).

sorry I should've been more specific. swimming the the best LOW IMPACT sport and is ideal for people who are recovering from knee injuries and the like. its also a damn good sport on its own though not the most exciting one to do of course...you cant even listen to music whilst doing it which is why I prefer beach/ocean swimming. just that little bit more excitement

\:D

The best time for my local swimming pool is after 6pm. Autumn and Winter is better, there are fewer people and usually they don't bother me.

I like just floating and drifting with the waves in the sea. Feels so nice. \:\)

A trip to my local pool is a bit of a nightmare as well. So many people, so many of them checking you out.

Er, no thanks. That doesn't count as "fun" to me.

yeah I agree slow. beach swimming is so relaxing. floating with the waves and getting away from the crowd at the beach. one of my best experiences was swimming with dolphins at my local beach. they played for a while then got bored. I guess I was swimming too slowly for them \:D

unfortunately the beach is a bit far for me so I have to content myself with my sports club pool \:\(

I would say in the form of non-impact sports swimming would probably be tops as far as a total-body workout...and for the range of people that could do it. I cant see a 65 year old granny getting in the ring to take on her daughter in law... ;\)

I like swimming at the pool at my school but agree too that beaches are the best.

I just put on a bit over summer but I've also taken up going to the gym since the beginning of this month and worked if off.. I know what you mean about the pool - I hate going there, just too many people and too many stares.

I guess it must be different going to a pool as a sexy gaijin woman eh? Everybody checking you out?? ;\)

Dont haveta worry about that cuz nobody at school is using it when Im in it, and even if there was Im at an all boyz school. No scenery but dont have ta pay 800yen to swim everytime \:D

lost 13kg this summer and finally bulked up in the chest, mostly from kayaking and swimming, bit worried now as its too cold to swim in the lake, dont want to put it back on. Been running with my dog about 7km each day so hopefully that will keep my spare tire away.