I don't know if its just me and my timing, but whats with the "kankoku boom" going on at the moment? It seems every time I put the tv on there's some Korean drama, or some news thing about kankoku on there, even the tv ads now have that leading actor guy with his white teeth grin looking like a fool.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOn (Mr. Seikei) Sama is a f***en joke. What a goose he is ... A goose that is laughing all the way to the bank though! Haahh.

I like Korean food and stuff and that "nantoka kanojo" movie was a laugh ... but I think the rest of this "boom" is just the sheep mentality again. You never know, the Korean government might be paying someone to get all this stuff on TV. I have heard there are Yon-sama tours and stuff from that ridiculous heart throb drama, Fuyu no sonata, that is so popular. Ridiculous ...

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Solution - buy a dish! ;\)
Scouz,
I have a dish but recently i think that it should be turned off! Seems to be nothing worth watching lately.. different if you are a fan of Ali, angel & buffy though.

Yes one of the ladies where I work has actually been to SKorea and been to that location for that drama, the place with the lines of trees don't know the name. She was so excited. I was confused.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
DUnno, you got news, music and movies as well...
BBC is ok but doesn't really go into depth, CNN is all backwards having evening current affairs on in the am & am shows on at night? The old biz new international which is sometimes on was good. Fox plays every season 5 times before playing the next season ( maybe not but it sure seems that way) and evry other channel seems to be repeating what I saw last night!
I cancelled the movie channel because i just bought 75 DVD'z in Bali, so i have all the movies I need.
But at least i can still watch bibahiru!!

but it is noce to have an english option. Maybe i should change my pack? got any good channel recommendations?

Interview on tv news just now.

Yonsama is doing ads for a model of Sony handicam. 50 yrs old woman in shop buying said handicam because yonsama is doing the ad. I think she even said she didn't need a handicam and wasn't even planning to buy one. eek.gif

Same woman chewing the gum that yonsama is doing the ad for.

Sad.

eek.gif eek.gif :rolleyes: