• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from a full on session, and all I can say is blurry excellent, the best conditions this season, by far. I was on the snow just as they opened the quads. Followed about 20 boarders up, and two down.

There was about 10cm lovely fresh powder over a crusty base. I was getting enough lift from the carvers for them to be going hiss, rather than clatter. Not epic by any means, but ideal for an old man to feel like a ski hero; feet close together, skis parallel. \:\)

First tracks. Both sets mine.

soubriquet_142.jpg

Nice to be out mid-week.

soubriquet_143.jpg

More snow. It's been snowing lightly all day today, and now it's really picked up. We're going to have 10cm fresh snow in town tomorrow morning, possibly a lot more if this keeps up. Anyone coming up to Yamagata this week can expect to find plenty of fresh snow.

Not a dump, but we've about 15cm this morning, and still snowing. I'm just about to join the Breughel-esque figures toiling in a black and white landscape, and go and move snow.

Sunrise and I are skiing at Zao on Tuesday. Looking forward to that thumbsup.gif

Actually the forecast seems to be saying more snow over the next few days. Aren't we lucky, who would have thought. A bit of a relief to the end of the season! I'm off down to stay with muikabochi this weekend to check it all out.

Back from Zao. Met up with sunrise and had an excellent day. Conditions less than perfect. Lots of fresh snow but cold and windy. Visibility was mostly ok though.

Anyway, the snow was good, the legs working well, and I had an excellent companion. Thanks sunrise thumbsup.gif