• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I just think that BURTON make better gear (and have a better name!) than Kissmark. Dome is a goose, full stop. Everyone knows it. Sure, his 1st air was sick and very BIG but his riding is not even nearly as smooth as any of the other Japanese riders. I have to agree with Kuma when he said that Dome's 1080 looked like a ballerina (no grab) with all that shoulder spinning movement.

Some of my colleagues deal with Dome and Melo on a daily basis and supposedly they are both completely spoilt kids who dont know how to respect adults or the companies who are sponsoring them. This is what I meant.

The American girls are so much better than anyone else in the pipe, they look like guys riding in there. Kelly Clark was getting huge air. The J-chicks were not even close they looked liked little kids in comparison.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
I was waiting to see if Torah Bright qualified on the 2nd run... she did 43pts, but they didn't show her run... bastards.
She can give it to the yankies.
Go Torah!
I saw her on a tv at work, she fell on her arse but got going again. I also saw a Japanese girl go quite large and waste her (very pretty) head on the deck. She should have been half unconscious out but stood up and kept up appearances for the camera, all tough and gambatte etc. I would have lay there and cried.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
yeah kelly clark didnt need to go for the 9 at the botton a 7 or 5 would have put her into second.
yeah but the nine could have put her first, she gambled and lost.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
I was waiting to see if Torah Bright qualified on the 2nd run...
Go Torah!
she did alright that Torah, a lot better than the Australian guys in the Pipe.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
Protective no just making a point. Ive hung out with the little sister and little brother before in the halfpipe and they are really nice.
I wasn't saying he isn't a nice kid - just that he came accross a bit, well, young. which he is, anyway.
His drop in and first hit was one the highlights of the whole thing for me, but his extended histrionics at the bottom were pretty immature - he had done a f*cking great 1st hit then sketched out of control - he reacted as if he had just trailed a hand on the final hit and blown the gold.
It was kind of .... self-indulgent, but i'm not damning him for that - he should just take a lead from the other slightly older heads.

Other questions: did anyone think that Karin Traa (?) was robbed in the womens moguls - she did a 7, and got beaten by someone doing a lame 3???

fattwins, so you know these Mu kids and they're nice? So what? They come across on TV as totally graceless, both in their sporting performance and their social performance. And for those of us who know them from the TV, that's all that counts. If you want to chide somebody, why not give them a bit of a talking to when they come back?

It seems Japan has totally and utterly underestimated what kind of competition they're up against. Even the speed skating was a washout. On this morning's TV, they were lamenting that at the olympics there were all these foreigners who unfortunately had stamina, and size, and grace, and showmanship. They stopped short of saying how unfair it was, but I think they could have prevented some heavy emissions of Schadenfreude if they had taken this into account in their reporting beforehand. "Yes, I'm afraid this year our athletes are not very well prepared, and will probably come in 4th at best, if they don't simply fall flat on their faces. Still, it should be fun to watch."

I got to see Shaun White's performance at last. It looked so effortless...

I done with the above subject so moving on.

Whites run was perfection he doesnt even have to try.

Havent seen the speed skating yet but the presure they put on the skaters is way too much. the 7 girl was slow and her knees werent all together.