Deserves its own thread.

Just watching the mens pipe live, they are going huge and whoever wins its is going to have to be doing something really special.

Whats with Domu Narita the J-lad? wearing big headphones during his run? wonder what he was listening to, he was awfully excited screaming and pumping his fist. "Kita!"

Michelle Kwan just pulled out - guess no gold to go in her trophy cabinet.

Harada!? the idiot! got DQ-ed as he was 200grams underweight at the weigh in for the ski-jumping (jumpers can only have skis of a certain length if they are certain weight)

200grams! what a chump! one glass of water weighs 300grams! thats all he had to do was drink a glass of water and he would be competing.

nogood.gif

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Narita Domu is an idiot. Yes, those are headphones, but most of the riders listen to music while they compete. He's an idiot because of his antics and he's got no style whatsoever (ie no grabs on his ballerina spins).

Nakai was robbed I think. He should have made the final.

I think the Americans will sweep again. Shaun White is amazing, so is Kass. Andy Finch is awesome too, and Aguirre isn't bad either. 50 minutes before the final!

Watched the qualifiers and final today, it was sick, but a little dissapointing that nobody could push Shaun White a little closer. I had predicted 1) White 2) Autti 3) Finch beforehand, but Andy Finch was riding with a broken foot not healed, according to the commentators.

how old is Narita Domu? He was totally over-hyped - everyone has their own way of handling the pressure, but there was no way he could stick a whole run so balls-out. But F*ck me that first hit of his was HUGE -probably the biggest of the day - but he lost out on looking cool by throwing himself on the floor and screaming at the end!

At least Koski got in among the yanks to prevent a clean sweep like last time (when Krattner got robbed - shame he didn't get through, for the home crowd).

Shaun white is too good, they should blindfold him or something! haha.

Quote:
Originally posted by AK 77:
Shaun white is too good, they should blindfold him or something! haha.
or perhaps get a haircut....I was watching it at a bar, a guy asked me who is that chick?
laugh2.gif

Domu looks like an idiot but he is a kid having fun pumping himself up. Nobody went higher on their first air than him he freaking launched that trick and it wasnt a straight grab either. white is just too smooth he lands back to back 1080s like they are 3s. 2corked 10 s to 2corked 9s that is sic.

The mens downhill was very interesting, thaught Walchhofer had won it until the last top 30 skier came down, Deneriaz was so smooth compared all the others, kept it tight and controlled and wasnt scraping all over the place.

Was rooting for Hermann but all he could do was 8th.

Rahlves was so confident of his form he skipped the final practice, I bet he is now thinking abut that decision, best in practice by 1 sec but could only manage 10th?

only 2 didnt finish the course, which was pretty tame fora downhill and not at all steep.

That kid is annoying

I don't like that gangsta style of his and pour sportsmanship at the end when he got really upset.

Girls Moguls was fun to watch. Canada got gold clap.gif happyglass.gif

Aiko was good to watch and her second air was one of the best in the competition but her first air was a bad 360. She was only like a metre off the ground.

Men's moguls will be fun to watch. They are going to go huge and pull some ****ed up shit

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
snowglider, why are you rooting? You should know better mate.
I also wear sweaters now too...

Wish Japan had some competitiors in the Luge, then we would be able to get some variety in the Television coverage.
Oh for some decent coverage.

id get upset if I tanked it as well. he got up and gave the crowd a bow and Applauded back. Did you guys even watch it all. If you watch his interviews he is actually a nice kid without the stupid gangstar crap or anything. He just likes to pump himself up before thats it. I think he looks stupid but there are worse out there.

The wieght rule in ski jumping was put in to help tip the balance of power back to europe. After the nagano olympics the japanese team was out jumping the bigger guys so they put in the longer shorter ski rule and the weight rule. it is total BS and it allows taller skiers to use 10cm longer skis.

I like it when athletes have character instead of being bland cliche machines, I like being entertained. But Melo's rap sucks.

Downhill is insanity, it's like a MotoGP on your skis.

Every country has skewed coverage heavy on their own athletes and events they compete in. Maybe there's better overall coverage in the UK because there's less top winter athletes and less hype?

It's sad that NHK's mediocre competent coverage is considered top class here just because the public broadcasters are idiotic cheerleaders with no knowledge of the actual competitions. Still better than NBC's all tape-delayed Nagano Olympics where they didn't show even 1 second of live footage :p

SO far the biggest thing to impress me is the matching jumpers the broadcasters are wearing!!! A "metro-sexual" look for the event!!! lol.gif ;\)

Anyone see the womens pipe this morning? Am looking forward to the Skeleton myself!! ;\)

Melo and Domu are both complete idiots. No style at all and they both are real sell-outs to the big companies. One reason why they are both not featured much in the snowboarding media in Japan.

Shaun White was insane! We were all watching it on a TV in my friend's car on the way home from Myoko but even on the fuzzy screen you could tell that SW was a step above the others. So smooth. Unbelievable.

What was the deal with the helmets though? It seemed as though they were all wearing the same helmets ... Also, some country's competitors seemed to be wearing their country's uniform and others seemed to be wearing whatever they wanted. Is there some kind of regulation for this at the Olympics?

Shaun white isnt a sell out? you think kissmark is bigger than burton thats BS. Ill agree that the kids actions are strange but at least he isnt a getto trash talking rider. Style? the kid launched 3 feet higher than anyone else on his first jump and his 1080 was big. He got to the bottom was disapointed pounded his fists and then claped to the crowd. you might not like his antics but that isnt a sore looser or bad kid. Before you talk them down you should meet them. Ive met and talked to most of that family and they just love to snowboard period.