• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Its a lie as big as the 13meter avie gates.

find it actually anyone try to find this.

Fattwins has said before that at 15 i was sliding rails.

I have always said that I started to ski at 18, second when i first started to ski there were no rails nor snowboards. my first rail was done maybe 6 years back. Back it up with facts please. You owe beer for that and for me teaching you how to wax, when i was am even busier than you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
bp i understand that point but take it from a guy who used to ski bum when he was 22. what i did at 22 w now scares me a bit more. i still do it but i also know that if i do hurt myself im in big trouble. as we get older fear creaps in its a fact. at 15 i would jump down a flight of stairs and spin. i wouldnt even consider it now cause damn it just scares me.
here you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's on page 272 of snow in japan - you lost AGAIN baby lol

sorry just incase anyone didn't get that here it is again.... FT said.... "at 15 i would jump down a flight of stairs and spin"

you owe me wine ;\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
ian, when you are you going to be in japan until? and are you coming to hakuba?
i think at some point Ill be in hakuba, would like to hook up some off you folks. but basicaly my ticket is open for 30 days and I have to be in Toronto on the Aug 24th and likley leaving vancouver on the july 27th or a few days earlier.

Im not sure if I am heading straight from narita to the coast or going to hakuba and nigaata before then driving back to the beach. But if my thinking is right it makes no sense to go to niigata first.

anyone know any good places to rent a van thats would be ideal for sleeping? Also I think I remeber seeing super cheap sleeping bags at JusCo, Am I crazy to think Ill be able to get a shitty bag for 10 bucks? Also undecided if I should bring my tent, whats a beater tent worth out there? tHanks
 Quote:
Originally posted by ianbc:
Anyone have any advice for a surfing spots in japan? for a hack.

heading out in about 1 and half weeks and going to road trip to coast and bum around. Not looking to ride crazy waves, but still like to see some. Is there any recomended routes or spots for hack and a total beginner?

Bush pig you must know something!

Thanks

Ian
ianbc - I can't help with the surf destinations. Neither of the areas I know would really please you so much. Besides, they are both quite close to Tokyo, which should put you off. I kind of stopped surfing in Japan.

Pig knows places. Speak up Piggy.

ian - i'm going to miss you then - i leave for new zealand tomorrow and not back until aug 18 - are you coming back for the hakuba pow in winter?

not sure about jusco, but you can pick up a crappy sleeping bag for stupid cheap at a store called cainz home thumbsup.gif

my friends surf in chiba, the izu peninsula, shonan, kamakura (all north and south of tokyo) or for colder waters head the other side of hakuba to the japan sea --- but get in touch with will from gravity worx in hakuba and he could tell you some exact spots

jump down a flight of stairs and spin

how is that related to sking?

jumping down a flight of stairs is not sliding a rail. How you come up with this crap is beyond me. its jumping down a flight of stairs at school or the mall. Stop saying things that the truth doesnt back up.

Sorry Toque but im tired of the untruths she pulls out to slag on you. ie the hole at her house ie the 13meter high avie gate ie this comment etc. i dont believe it anymore.

Call me before you kill your phone, keep my addy on file. ill be backin Canada next year in the summer. If I can get out your way I will try.

woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah dude chill... jeeeez i don't know how it's related to skiing, you wrote it - jump down some stairs and spin - sounds like skiing to me.... what kind of other spinning are you talking about - some dodgy dance move? who knows what you kids did in the 1980s. aaaaanyway, this is far from relevant, let's stop this. why are you talking about the hole in the ground at my house? how random is that?! in winter i couldn't see down it, and someone could potentially sprain an ankle if they fell down into it. the damn avie gates - i will show you them - i don't know exact heights, but i can tell you they are different from the ones on piste on happo - totally different design. anyway, like toque says it's just playin, it's not serious, so stop taking it seriously... we don't argue like this in person, we're usually laughing about something, then you go mental on here. calm down dude. i know you've got a lot of shit on but actually so do i - so don't send me random abusive text messages like you just did. today i've got to do a name change on my car in nagano, take a damn bus back to hakuba - pack all my stuff (have yet to pack a single thing) and leaving at 2am - oK?

I just takubined my ski bag to the airport

It's so heavy. 3 pairs of skis and pretty much all my outdoor shit

I'll probably have to empty it out at the airport just to get them to accept it

But the only big thing that is extra in there that is different from any other flight I've taken is an extra pair of bindingless skis. They are light. So maybe 10kg of extra stuff. Hope it's ok

It'll go

With just skis/poles in the bag it'll weigh the same as when I came out from Canada this Christmas with your spats and my explosives. They didn't even question the weight then

I'm going to have a pretty much empty backpack that I can unload everything that doesn't have to be in the skibag into the backpack.

But if it comes to that thanks and I'll send stuff back to you

yeah just giving you a way out look dude this is most likly the last post you will respond to in japan. im going to take off in 10 minutes to get work down around the house. This rain is just killing me and im making up for lost time. Keep your cool in Canada and do get over your head. the snowpack is not as stable as here mate or as the coast mountains pack.

Stay in touch and forward you msn or whatever so we can chat. Hate to say it but ill miss yah.