• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Quote:
Originally posted by fb_steve:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
We saw the Irrawaddy dolphins today in Kratie (Cambodia). Pretty cool. Glad to see them before the become extinct as it seems there are less than 100 left.
Wow that was random, I was just discussing with my girlfriend if we should go down Laos into Cambodia via Kratie and realised this thread was open on the screen! I must have subconsciously seen it. How are you finding it on that stretch of the Mekong? Looks beautiful. Is it raining heaps? Cheers CB
hey mate,

definitely stop in Kratie. First of all, the trip from Si Phan Don to the boarder, then across the Mekong, then down to Kratie will get you there at around 5pm. Keep in mind, this includes drug stops by the driver to earn extra cash...our van down was sketchy as shite and we had actually paid to get to P.P. but after leaving Si Phan Don at 7:30am and getting there at 5pm, ****ed up drug deals and wasting our time, we got off and chilled out in Kratie for 2 nights 3 days. Can recommend a good place to stay for $5/night. See the dolphins, its really worth it.

In Siam Reap now and have been accosted (sorry for the lack of sincerity) by so many kids, moms, and dads who have no limbs, maybe 2, or are deformed, that you actually turn numb. Feels worse here than in P.P. But, there are many unfortunate peeps who really try to work instead of begging and those are the locals that we have been supporting...

Cant wait ta see everything tomorrow \:D

Sorry FT

Havn't had time

Too busy with school

For some crazy reason I'm an idiot and signed up to get a degree in 1 year

5-8 hours of class a day

6 days a week

Looks like I'm going to be a bit busy

But I put down Rossland as where I want to do my practicum with Nelson being number 2

So maybe I can make some contacts

Hi FT!

I still have your tent and some wine for you.

Will come up to Hakuba either this weekend or the next.

Back to school blues at the moment - i'm tired and jetlagged, and my throat is killing me. Other than that, everthings fine (will be driving in a few weeks time when insurance and licences all sorted out - but thats all ok!)

What climbing have you been doing?

Quote:
Originally posted by snowglider:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
supposed 4 hour water-resistant sunblock on sadglass.gif
4 hour water resistant Sun block? you have been had mate! what a crock that is!
Yeah, I knew that anyway, and knew I should have reapplied.

Shit Beanie, sounds like you're gonna have a nice busy year eh!

waterfall climbing and small bouldering very small.

Good luck with the driving my firend wasnt allowed to change his new auzzie license a few years back without driving in Auz for more than 6 monthes. the intl. license will get you by for a bit though.

Ill be here for the coming weekends so whenever fine. just give me a bit of a heads up.

Well it looks like I jumped the gun on that stress out

Turns out I have very few Saturday classes and am luckier than some of the students

I have a 24 hour course over 3 days. Fri, Sat, Sun near the end of October. So it might be long for 3 days but that is good as it gets it all out of the way.

So I'm back in for touring most weekends and am aleady meeting people with the same interests thumbsup.gif

I've already got my first scramble picked out

Going to climb peak called Virgil at something like 2500 meters

Looking forward to it

If I don't get the right map though I will just be doing a normal hike this weekend and save the more difficult stuff for next weekend

nice toque no doubt youll find some good touring mates. hope you get into the areas that you want to as well. nelson would be nice and the touring perfect. i think that place is better for you and what you want to do now. plus you can learn and take me into there.

ps where is sandyman?

dam i just typed this post and the internets cut off. have to type this again. the internet is not a big truck, it's a series of tubes!!

go beanie!! sounds like some good terrain.

i've been off lately, firewall at work and isp problems at home.

welcome back kuma and bushpig. all u missed on s and c was a couple jackets u prolly wouldn't be interested in and more sunglasses.

ft, your package is sitting in a tokyo post office and will prolly B there until monday when i can go get it. i'm off to the beach for two days tomorrow nite.

yo, AK. i wanna hike hotaka this autumn. i should give u a shout if i'm over by your neck of the woods.