• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
got it bookmarked dude. i knew i needed a stove and when i saw that one i couldnt pass it up. extra parts and all.
So you are getting it then?
Good luck with it and welcome to the wonderful world of fireballs

hey all, hope summer is good.

Ewok and I are now in Pakse (Laos) and both have something called conjunctiveitis. Basically our eyes have loads of crap in them, they were swollen shut for about 20 hours, felt like there was glass in them, and hurt like a headache.

We had planned on being in Si Phan Don (4000 islands) today where the Mekong fans out into a jigsaw puzzle of islands and $1 bungaloos but we decided to rest up one more day. I could finally open my eyes somewhat last night and they are fully open, well, I look like a J-bloke with the most disgusting blood shot eyes. Feel like a crack head so wear my sunnies everywhere just so I dont freak peeps out.

Hope everybody is having a nice summer.

From this trip, so far, Id say Luang Prabang has been one of the most chilled places weve been and Vang Vieng was really fun too though Im looking forward to the islands round the Mekong.

haha, you got pink eye!

i have an eye infection right now too (though not the gross fun of pink eye). it's a pain cause of the drops and that i'm supposed to wear my glasses (i would if i could find them wakaranai.gif )

and on a skiing related note. i picked up a pair of '06 K2 Public Enemies (179cm) with Rossi scratch bindings for just under 50 000. my new resort setup.

my eyes are open (when they don't itch) for a new pair of fatties to replace the seth's as well. they've gotten way too mushy and the naxos deserve a more solid platform

boy of creek - ahhhh so you are still trekking around, just read this after posting a message to you on my nz thread. hope you guys are doin ok, that sounds a bit nasty the eye messiness. enjoy the rest of your adventures! love to ewok again!!!!!!!

I've just about gone throug all my pictures from Japan making a screen saver

If I ever see another ****in picture from Tateyama I'm gonna vomit and then rip some hair out. Tsurugi is ok because it's a cool looking mountain.

But Tateyama is so ****in lame now. I know it's where I learned so much but I'm so sick of seeing it on pretty much every single one of my CDs

Reminds me of just how small Japan is

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
But Tateyama is so ****in lame now. I know it's where I learned so much but I'm so sick of seeing it on pretty much every single one of my CDs
Reminds me of just how small Japan is
lol!! i hope you haven't been waiting 3 years to say this beanie. but you're absolutely right, after you've been here a while you feel the size of this tiny island country.
nice post on your blog, btw

Perth was unbelievably warm. Most days were over 20. The coldest day I had was about 14. They have had the driest winter on record this year. Even way down south near Albany was about 15 degrees when I was down there. Great for my holiday, but the farmers aren't having a good time of it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
Thanks guys

I got yours as well Spud
Anything new on it?
I guess I'll just have to look myself
Yeah, I'm working on a story at the moment. Its all about how I sit on my arse behind computer screens every day.

I suppose I could write about some of my past trips. I have a bit of a backlog.
 Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
>>Perth was unbelievably warm. Most days were over 20. The coldest day I had was about 14.

Is that considered warm for Perth?

Welcome back
For the middle of winter it is yeah. Most years you get a few days over 20 in winter, a few days between 5 and 10, and most of the time it is between 10 - 16 degrees. 3 weeks in a row of mostly 18 plus and a lot over 20 is very unusual. Perth is not a cold place, but that is certainly on the warm side.