• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mount Fuji 19th Oct 2012       Mount Fuji 19th Oct 2012   Mount Fuji 19th Oct 2012   Yatsugatake 19th Oct 2012

Bit of snow on the upper slopes at Niseko this morning     And of course Yotei got a bit as well  

That was an impressive todger, but ultimately just way too big.

It didn't happen without a few images uploaded here:

http://www.snowjapan...ex.php/gallery/

Oh, ok then! The snow was pretty crusty, but not too bad for so early in the winter. A fun day out.

Heading up

med_gallery_11253_201_565388.jpg

View of the range, looking south

med_gallery_11253_201_2705320.jpg

Heading down, finding the pockets of soft snow as best we could

med_gallery_11253_201_2284325.jpg

nozawa webcam looks sad :( The top bit looks like it got about two or three cms. You can still easy see the grass under it.

Ontake webcam looks... suspicious. :?

Happo looks like it got 5-10cms so its got a nice groundwork so long as the weather keeps going for the next twenty four hours like it says it should :)

Goryu et al links are broken at the site they come from (went to the site direct for the links to check and got 404 not found).

Lots of places looking like ski-jo in truth. They just need to get enough protection for the rain on saturday and then with a nice dump sometime next week we might well have enough of a base for an early open at the very top of some mountains for the holiday weekend (i still doubt it to be honest, but itd be nice).

Top tip ippy - just forget about it and don't look so often.

It always reduces the stress when it doesn't happen until later than you want. ;)

first thing did when i woke up was log in and look at the webcams. I have a pretty one track mind. Ill be watching them like a hawk until the season kicks in proper. And then ill be getting up bright and early in teh morning and pulling out my best danny glover "im too old for this shit!" impression :D