Tokyu sells its skijo in Hakuba (Happo-one, Tsugaike Kogen, Iwatake)

The peeps who bought them are the ones who run Ryuoo Ski Park and Kawaba.

Let's changing.

東京急行電鉄(東京)は28日、北安曇郡白馬村の八方尾根スキー場など同村と小谷村の計3カ所でリフトなどを運行する子会社、白馬観光開発(白馬村)を、日本スキー場開発(東京)に売却すると発表した。東急グループは1958(昭和33)年の白馬観光開発設立以来、白馬を中心とするスキーリゾート開発に携わってきたが、スキー人口の減少に伴う業績悪化などを踏まえ、白馬周辺のスキー場運営から事実上撤退する。

白馬観光開発は八方尾根と岩岳スノーフィールド(白馬村)、栂池高原スキー場(小谷村)でリフトやゴンドラなど計33基を運行するほか、スキー場内のレストランや日帰り温泉施設なども運営している。売却は11月1日付。従業員124人(うち正社員76人)は日本スキー場開発が引き継ぎ、同社がリフトなどの営業を継続する。

同社は日本駐車場開発(大阪市)の子会社。県内で鹿島槍スポーツヴィレッジ(大町市)、竜王スキーパーク(下高井郡山ノ内町)の2スキー場を運営している。

東急電鉄によると、白馬観光開発はスキー人口の減少に伴って売り上げが落ち込み、2012年3月期まで4期連続で最終赤字を計上。一方、グループは東急電鉄沿線での事業に注力する方針を打ち出しており、白馬での事業の在り方を再検討する中で、近隣でスキー場運営の実績がある日本スキー場開発への売却を決めたとしている。

東急電鉄は今後、白馬観光開発が実施する第三者割当増資を引き受け、子会社3社が保有する株式も取得。その上で、保有する白馬観光開発の全株式(95・46%)を日本スキー場開発に売却する。金額は明らかにしていない。

別のグループ企業が運営する白馬東急ホテル(白馬村)は引き続き運営する。

東急電鉄グループは白馬周辺以外に、上田市でスキー場「ハーレスキーリゾート」を運営。このほか県内では、東急不動産(東京)の関連会社がタングラムスキーサーカス(上水内郡信濃町)や蓼科東急スキー場(茅野市)などを経営している。

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lift pass prices definitely do NOT need to go up

Me! I'm extremely excited about the consumption tax increase next year, as well as my income tax going up (the following year?) and on a daily basis the cost of dairy products and lots of other essen

It says it in the article, but its the car park people that bought Kashimayari I guess five or six years ago.

Anyone in Hakuba will know folk working for Kanko Kaihatsu, so I hope this doesn't affect them too badly. The article says they're being kept on at least.

Fwiw, Kashimayari and Ryuo are part of the JTB multiresort pass and Kashimayari offers various discounts to other resort season ticket holders. Perhaps we'll see more flexibility towards link ups from the Tokyu resorts from now on.

The JTB pass is cheaper than the Happo season ticket, so I doubt they'll join that. Fingers crossed though!

With all these ownership changes, can't help but wonder, if one company doesn't find it profitable to operate a ski area, why does another company think it will?

Separately, it is mentioned in the article that Tokyu Dentetsu and Tokyu Fudosan operate(d) different sets of ski areas. Never noticed much cooperation between the two groups before, which seems like it might have been a bit of a lost opportunity. Perhaps the new owners will make some better tie-ups with Ryuo and Kashimayari?

With all these ownership changes, can't help but wonder, if one company doesn't find it profitable to operate a ski area, why does another company think it will?

I was thinking the same.

It's not as if there seem to be any kind of drastic changes planned.

Perhaps they are betting on a big upturn in the number of skiers/boarders.

I don't know about other ownership changes, but the buyers this time already own other ski resorts, one in the immediate area, so they must have a decent idea of what they are doing.

I wouldn't assume they're not going to make changes.

As a parallel, some Japanese golf courses have been revitalized under new owners. Golf in Japan got itself into a much bigger bubble frenzy than skiing ever did.

Doesn't multiple companies owning a resort make things complicated. And slow? Can't think of any advantages to that situation.

Dunno about specific cases but it can arise from what is now one resort being more than one resort back in the day.

In Japan, it seems common for lots of people to own little bits of land. Its not like the UK where one person owns the whole mountain.

Here's a little Happo history on wiki

1929年(昭和4年)に現在の咲花ゲレンデにスキー小屋が開設され、1931年(昭和6年)には黒菱ゲレンデにスキー小屋が開設された。このように初期には各々独立したゲレンデであったが、疎開でこの地を訪れていた福岡孝行によりリーゼンスラロームコースが開拓された。さらに福岡と五島昇が大学の先輩後輩であった縁により東急グループの資本が入るようになり、白馬東急ホテルや現在の八方尾根スキー場が建設された。

白馬観光開発は、経営不振などを理由に2012年11月1日に日本スキー場開発への売却を発表。同日付で東急グループからは離脱する予定である[1]。ただし、白馬東急ホテルは現行どおり東急グループとして今後も営業予定である。

I wonder which skijo in Japan has the most owners?

No information on the ground here. Ticket prices need to go up not down. Japan has some of the cheapest skiing in the world.

Bascially Tokyu owned the middle of the resort so they are the only lifts open for 4 seasons. This doesnt change the fact that

Happo still has many share holders and the voting rights are the same from what I know. Dont expect much to change at least

not now with 2 to 3 months to go before lifts may start.

Most normal people talk from their own point of view, not from the business perspective of the ski resort.

So go and ask 100 people if they want skiing to become more expensive, only the people in the business might say "oh yes please".

The average ticket price is too low to sustain the ski resorts as they are. Rising Fuel costs, insurance and depreciation of the lifts.

Prices have to rise or else you may loose a resort that you like.

Me!

I'm extremely excited about the consumption tax increase next year, as well as my income tax going up (the following year?) and on a daily basis the cost of dairy products and lots of other essentials increasing this month.

Ski lift ticket prices going up would only add to the fun.

I'd go skiing more, that's for sure.

• Like 1

If prices were to raise I'd just go less, not spend more money. Like the vast manjority of people out there (I assume) I have a fixed budget for luxury things like snowboarding. I completely agree with what MO says. When the highway fees were pegged at 1000Y I went a lot more...