• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 so far.

A very mixed bag compared with a season on Hokkaido.

Wales - Aberdare (2), Brecon Beacons National Park (4)

Italy - Courmayeur (1)

Switzerland - Les Diablerets (1), Leysin (1), Verbier (1)

Macedonia - Popova Shapka (7)

Kosovo - Brezovica (2)

Montenegro - Kolasin (1), Savin Kuk (1)

Hokkaido - Kiroro (6), Niseko Grand Hirafu (4), Noboribetsu Sun Laiva (1), Rusutsu (2), Sapporo Kokusai (1)

Narvik, Norway next week for 6-7 days. Over 1m of snow forecast between now and then smile

My apologies, for some, the season has not quite ended. On the contrary, the next couple of weeks would be a good oppotunity to get out wink thumbsup

Financial limitation and commitment to the German course I am taking has limited my outings.

Now I enjoy being able to have a little Chat on the lift in German. smile

Also missed out, not getting out when I should have (when the snow was there) sadface

On the other hand, had that every moment being special and knowing that cuppa tea afterwards is MMMM. biggrin

Another injury free season. Touch wood. Still not so good on Pow. Nose dives.

Next year. Big true swallowtails for me.

i had a surprisingly busy season smile Of course it was filled with half efforts and days where i literally did 2 laps of the park, or an hour of the nighta and thought, "im just not into this" and came home. The first trip to niseko/furano was kinda tough. I was at the lowest my fitness has been for some time so stress injuries really dampened things for me after about a week. But the second trip out was great. I was raring to go and aside a couple of days off, ran i think 10 days that improved my riding about 100%. Possibly thanks in part to taking only the one board (the quiver killer) and really learning how to pop it.

If its full 8 hour days, its probably somewhere in the region of 15-20, but if its days i put the kit on and ran something, then its about 35. Its taken me now to around day 80ish overall which is still ludicrously short compared to the fact that even non pro people are doing more than that in a season smile

PS. Im really glad i did that second trip. If i came back after furano and maybe just rana few days at high1 and weekends to muju i might have lost the will to snowboard again. Instead i came back after 4 days at myoko, 2 at ryuoo and 2 at shiga taht really perked me up. Not being stuck at one resort definitely encouraged me to get up early and go riding.

47 days so far. 23 Knee deep or deeper pow days ~ 50% pow days smile

36 days in Hokkaido, and the rest a good mix of Nagano, Niigata, and Gunma.

Maybe get 1 more day at Kagura?

Was hoping for 50+, but after breaking 3 ribs tomahawking more than 30M at Ishiuchi Maruyama in late Feb, then the tragic events in March, I couldn't quite get there.

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
I haven't kept count, but I would guess right around 125-130? Been going strong since October and Snowbird will be open one of the latest years ever until July.

show off!

wink

That's way too much for me, wouldn't want to do that much if it were free.

I think I managed 7. I also had a few plans for spring but events conspired against that really happening and I frankly couldn't be arsed any more now for this season.

I got 15 days... way off my average of 30. I did have good timing however and had almost 100% powder days. I think the first 4 days on the hill I had something like 2m of fresh snow. All in all very happy with the season.

It was a very abrupt end though because of the earthquake... being on the hill and far from home really spooked my wife (and me a little I'll have to admit) and there was no way I could get motivated to head back out there. The combination of being 100s of km from home, not being able to get information about the earthquake, getting trapped on the Chuo Expressway, our cell phones not working and having to drive through dead looking cities with no electricity shook us up a little!

It takes a lot to get under my skin... That said, when we pulled into a rest stop and saw videos of Sendai airport being submerged really freaked me out as we live in a coastal town and our house is only 1 km from the sea and about 100m from a major river... then I tried to call our friends and family around town and couldn't get through to anyone... I immediately thought the worst!

Does the town have big tsunami barriers or whatever, BM? I know the ones in lots of towns in Tohoku weren't big enough or whatever due to the scale of what went on.

I would have probably got a fair few more days in since the Tohoku earthquake if the local Nagano/Niigata one hadn't kicked off as well.