Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

What The Scum fails to mention for the sake of sensationalism and fearmongering is that 10 times normal background radiation levels are in no way harmful especially for the very short period that such levels were recorded.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

It's difficult to explain isn't it.

The situation really is absolutely dreadful, beyond words.

But the way it is is being 'reported' by some is also dreadful. They have a lot to answer for the bastards.

Hey all, Scumbag Chris here.. wave

Was looking at flights to get my wife and kid out of here. I understand all the misinformation going around but I also don't like TEPCO...especially that weasel looking dude with the glasses that always looks like he's got a smirk on his face.

I'll stick around but I'd feel better with my family back in Canada until all this plays out.

I was actually impressed with the way that the Canadian media had been reporting the news... until today when some clown started reporting a "break down in society", "food hoarding", and making the situation at the Fukushima reactors seem like an imminent nuclear holocaust. I've given up all hope in western media. They seem to be cheering for blood right now.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
What The Scum fails to mention for the sake of sensationalism and fearmongering is that 10 times normal background radiation levels are in no way harmful especially for the very short period that such levels were recorded.

There's no time to be practical...The New York Times just stocked up with 200,000 extra newspapers, gotta get them off the shelves somehow!

What makes me most angry is how much money the media is making off of this. They arent even offering 10% of the increased profits yet are stoking the fire daily. I will never buy a paper again, or click on one of their links again.

Radiation report @10:04am - 22cpm, or about .205 microsieverts.

In comparison.

1 millisieverts is 1000microsieverts.

Chest X-ray 0.1 millisieverts

Head CT 1.5

Abdomen CT 5.3

Chest CT 5.8

CT colonography (virtual colonoscopy) 3.6–8.8

Chest, abdomen and pelvis CT 9.9

Cardiac CT angiogram 6.7-13

Barium enema 15

Neonatal abdominal CT 20

RADIATION !!!! We are all going to Die......

I saw a doco on Chernobyl a little while ago. Although the initial event was pretty catastrophic with some 4000 people killed by the initial explosion and following radiation sickness, the ongoing effects on the population was very small.

You have to remember it happened at the height of the soviet-U.S. arms race.

The 'free' western media had a field day with it.

The message says this (among other things):

They are making planes available for those who want to return to France. The flights will be either directly back to France or through Seoul. They also suggest that people go to the south of Japan (if they don't leave Japan). They are not sure if the flights will be from Tokyo or Osaka as it depends on demand.

A French friend of mine just emailed me that flights home are in the neighbourhood of 5000$. Greedy bastards.