With all the fuss about resorts opening in November and the season starting then, it doesn't really ever happy like that does it. Not in a big way anyway.

Always best to think of things really starting mid-December I think.

Let's remember that next time round. OK?

wink

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can only go with my experience, the past four winters in the Niseko Resort Area (3 there and last season watching from the sidelines).

Snow in October, hiking for turns in early November, lifts turning the last week in November.

I suppose an 80% success rate isn't bad wink

YEAH !

I woke up now, and It´s Snowing and it´s White out there!

I´m all GaGa ! biggrin

I´ve already started my season in oct but that doesn´t change the fact that I waited for this to happen. I love it! dance groovy

A few days a go I woke up at 3 in the morning and I saw (dreamed?) the roofs were white. When I woke up it was raining. sadface

For me, it´s not about resort openings.

Originally Posted By: griller
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
What kind of fuss is there? Have they been sending you emails and junk mail?

Er, no. Wrong time of the month is it Mrs Wiggles?

confused

No, just don't know what your fuss is about.
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
What kind of fuss is there?

Big fanfare each year of resorts claiming to open in November and then postponing again and again.
People asking if they can ski in November and people answering that it might well be possible, but it never really happens. Not properly anyway.

Just a thought.

This is going to be my first season over here in Japan, so I hate to sound noobish, but when does the season really start to kick in to high gear? I'm mainly concerned with the Gunma region, but anything close to that would awesome!

Thanks!

Kick off proper in most places? Yes, late December.

See that big red button up top with Daily Reports written on it? Go there and check out the Now Calendar. You can find archives from previous seasons and well worth a look over.

Well, Mitch. Like where I live in Niigata. It is always late December before things get going PROPER. There is usually I would say more snowfall than there is now on the upper mountains, but it's still 'early', sort of.

A few years ago, it was literally the last few days of December before things kicked off in resorts around town.

Check out the reports from different areas to see.