Complicated family relations

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday, is that a chinese proverb? wink

I am very family orientated, and I have 9 siblings - all halves and steps.

I have been hurt a lot by a couple of them recently, and I am on the verge of cutting one off. She has a complete lack of respect for my dear mum and my closest sister, and if someone crosses my mum they deserve my fist in their face. My mum was actually so hurt by what my stepsister said & did that she was crying - my mum doesn't cry, ever.

Family are the only people who you can't walk away from without a really good reason to. For someone like me, who can walk away from friendships far too easily family are important.

not as strange as this one:

Quote:

...that I was skiing the north faces of XXX resort after a 30+ cm snowfall, with skies clearing up, and my good mates with me. I woke up with a smile from ear to ear.

This next month will be hot as $#%& I bet, but at least Fall is on the way!!!

Originally Posted By: Karnidge
Hearing what he said about me though to my parents, makes you wonder -- how much do you really want to know what other people think about you!

Not really at all!

It really wasn't anything awful, just critisizing - if thats the right word - my 'foreigness' after living in Japan for a few. Can't really go into details but that's the bottom line.

That fact doesn't really bother me at all, it was just that I didn't know that they felt like that and definitely had an effect on the relationship.

I suppose if you know exactly what people thought about you, you might be in for a few surprises too.

Originally Posted By: thursday
not as strange as this one:

Quote:

...that I was skiing the north faces of XXX resort after a 30+ cm snowfall, with skies clearing up, and my good mates with me. I woke up with a smile from ear to ear.

This next month will be hot as $#%& I bet, but at least Fall is on the way!!!

I love skiing, almost more than life. There is nothing more really that I would rather be doing than skiing pow....surfing, mountain biking, and traveling come in second. I guess you prefer dreaming about how many people have posted on SJ, and if the chat box is open or not - pathetic really.

Karnidge, have things gotten better since you chatted with your bro? Financial issues often seem to tear relationships/families apart. I know they have for an ex-gf of mine. That was a bad situation.

Of the 11 guys that I used to hang with I was the only one with both parents living under the same roof. Even then our family isn't close with none of us kids calling each other on birthdays etc and in reality the only thing we have in common is DNA. My parents both worked really hard when we grew up and we never went without unlike some of my friends. I think though as they worked such long hours we never did anything together so never really bonded. By 10 I was doing my own thing after school.

As I get older though I'm keen to close that gap a bit, especially with my parents and niece and nephews, one of which I have only met once.... But I need to do that!

Although so glad mum made me drink so much milk, which I still have a taste for as have only ever broken one bone in my finger when it was smashed flat in a rock saw. Not a bad result seeing I played all codes of footy growing up, skated vert ramps back in the day, was hit by a dump truck, fell out of a moving car, was in a fatal bus accident and of course snowboarding where I've been knocked out twice, once when smacking a tree at speed, same thing whilst racing enduro's on an XR250 and obviously surfing although never in anything really over 8ft....That might explain other things though.....

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Of the 11 guys that I used to hang with I was the only one with both parents living under the same roof. Even then our family isn't close with none of us kids calling each other on birthdays etc and in reality the only thing we have in common is DNA. My parents both worked really hard when we grew up and we never went without unlike some of my friends. I think though as they worked such long hours we never did anything together so never really bonded. By 10 I was doing my own thing after school.

As I get older though I'm keen to close that gap a bit, especially with my parents and niece and nephews, one of which I have only met once.... But I need to do that!

Although so glad mum made me drink so much milk, which I still have a taste for as have only ever broken one bone in my finger when it was smashed flat in a rock saw. Not a bad result seeing I played all codes of footy growing up, skated vert ramps back in the day, was hit by a dump truck, fell out of a moving car, was in a fatal bus accident and of course snowboarding where I've been knocked out twice, once when smacking a tree at speed, same thing whilst racing enduro's on an XR250 and obviously surfing although never in anything really over 8ft....That might explain other things though.....

fatal for someone else.....or are you communicating from beyond the grave? wink
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: panhead_pete

fatal for someone else.....or are you communicating from beyond the grave? wink

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G