Complicated family relations

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't??

I guess it's understandable if all you played was football...nancy boys prancing about and cuddling each other rarely break bones! lol

Just about every guy friend I had growing up broke a bone or two at sometime.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
I don´t know the names and the faces of the relatives on my father´s side. They all look the same. who is who? I don´t know my cousins names and such. As to me being an uncle, I must be one but I haven´t met the kids and they must be grown by now.

Know what you mean about this one - I have two cousins that I haven't seen since I was 5 I think? And their parents, well, my grandfather has essentially disowned them, and to him, I am his only grandson. That saddens me as my cousins have missed out on a great man, but has made me extremely lucky to still be his "jimmy".

I didn't break any bones either.

Obviously those who didn't are simply not as well-'ard as the manly Mr Go Native.

Or of course played the nancy boy, blah blah blah, most popular game in the world, football. Or was it soccerball.

confused

Originally Posted By: BillTheBinMan
Originally Posted By: Go Native
We'll see. I bet just about every Aussie bloke who posts on these forums has had a broken bone or two.

Not me.

Must be a poof then. It's ok though, we don't discriminate here razz
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Descended from a true STRONG Brit.

Hang about...
I haven't broken a bone (cracked my shoulder last year by didn't realize it, but not broken a bone) and my Dad 100% Brit, Mum is 50%.

However 2 out of 4 of the boys have broken bones, and Papa has also - long lineage from the transported there ...

So you might have something. lol

I haven't had too many breaks actually. Got a broken cheek bone whilst playing cricket in grade 6 (didn't wear helmet back then). Broke an ankle at 16 in a motorcycle accident and was very lucky that was all after flying off the bike at 90km/hr and going through the air for around 20m. Broke a few fingers in another motorbike fall. And broke my other ankle in a rockclimbing fall. Other than that have dislocated my shoulder twice and dislocated a couple of fingers and toes. Overall not too bad with no major bones being broken.

I haven't had too many breaks actually. Got a broken cheek bone whilst playing cricket in grade 6 (didn't wear helmet back then). Broke an ankle at 16 in a motorcycle accident and was very lucky that was all after flying off the bike at 90km/hr and going through the air for around 20m. Broke a few fingers in another motorbike fall. And broke my other ankle in a rockclimbing fall. Other than that have dislocated my shoulder twice and dislocated a couple of fingers and toes. Overall not too bad with no major bones being broken.

And you tell 13yr old BFG to HTFU! veryshocked

Let me tell you about his break.
Twin spiral fractures - the Fibula looks like a sapling that got twisted around and snaped through with bits off in all directions, and the Tibia is a Z shaped break through the upper ankle/mid calf down the shaft and then across the growth plate!
His foot was on backwards on the field.
He went 45 minutes and an on site reduction by a handy orthopedic surgeon before his first whiff of pain killers.

I think BFG is well 'ard. thumbsup
Originally Posted By: gnarly-dude
Hanging crap on poms is a traditional Aussie pastime afterall gd. Feel free to join in thumbsup

Nah, I don't have that inferiority thing going on like you do mate.

lol I think you're attributing a bit more complex emotional response than I'm actually capable of! lol