• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Damn. Times app expired today. They want 2000 yen the cheeky gits. wink

I haven't spent much time with the new version but it looks good.

I'm confused though. I read that if you sub to the websites, you get the iPad version included. But that Is cheaper than the 2000yen just for the app.

confused

Sent them a mail.

This is strange.

Here's what the times just told me.

If I subscribe to their websites (times + sunday times) I can use the ipad app for free.

The sites cost 2 quid a week. So that's 8 quid a month.

If I buy just the ipad app, that costs 2000 yen a month (13-14 quid a month)?

confused

It sounds like they're just making up numbers without regard to cost and trying to screw the gullible. Here the gullible are people who use the iPad more than a regular computer, since apps are normally fee-based and newspapers on the web are not.

I went to buy a song the other day, but it was 150 yen on iTunes on my ipod (which connected to Japanese store) and 99 cents, or nearly half the price, on my computer (which connected to US store). I could get a physical cd sent from the US for less than the cost of downloading some (probably low bitrate) mp3s of the album from the Japanese iTunes store. In this example, the gullible are those Apple are gouging in Japan.

Just heard back from times after my "is this true or false" after explaining my understanding of the situation.

Here it is:

If you subscibe to The Times + The Sundays Times website, you get the ipad edition as well. It is 2 quid a week so 8.66 pounds a month. So that's say about 1300 yen.

I do like the ipad version and will be good to get the sites too, and 1300 yen a month sounds reasonable to me so I think I'll do that.

The ipad alone from the Japanese store costs 2000 yen a month.

confused