• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

BlackBerry will release the tablet early in the new year. The device will feature a 7-inch multitouch screen and a new operating system derived from the company’s purchase of QNX.

BlackBerry chief executive Mike Lazaridis was joined at the launch by the company's founder, Dan Dodge, who said that "QNX is going to enable things that you have never seen beforeâ€. Lazardis said the PlayBook would be “the first professional tabletâ€, and Dodge added that it would be "an incredible gaming platform for publishers and the playersâ€.

The tablet will be able to run Adobe’s Flash, which Apple’s iPad doesn’t, and offer micro-HDMI and micro-usb ports. It weighs just 400g and includes dual HD cameras for video calling. Pricing and release dates, for the UK and the rest of the world, have not yet been announced, but it will be available in the USA in the first quarter of 2011 and “international markets†in the second quarter.

Although 3G and 4G models are planned for the future, the device will initially connect to the web via wifi or via a user’s BlackBerry smartphone, and offer a reflection of its screen for expanded use.

Lazardis said it will offer “true multi-tasking†and "an amplified view of what's already on your BlackBerryâ€. It’s expected that 16gb and 32gb models will be offered.

That's going to be a big u-turn.

Wonder what the numbers are like - for this and the site.

Can't seem to find much detail.

And wonder how many will pay when they ask for the 2000 yen a month, or indeed more than a quid for the first month on the website.

The pay model has just been shunted into the ground ever since Facechook and Twatter have been able to post from third hand all the stuff that would make shocking reading.

Me no Facechook nor Twatter person mind.