• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Cool.

But seriously, I like the ipad app. Good to have it all so you can read offline.

The Telegraph one is ok, but very bare in comparison. With the times you pretty much get the whole newspaper, and it's like 'reading the newspaper' which of course is a different experience in itself to clicking on some links on a website. Packaged well.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles

I went to buy a song the other day, but it was 150 yen on iTunes on my ipod (which connected to Japanese store) and 99 cents, or nearly half the price, on my computer (which connected to US store). I could get a physical cd sent from the US for less than the cost of downloading some (probably low bitrate) mp3s of the album from the Japanese iTunes store. In this example, the gullible are those Apple are gouging in Japan.

You can connect to the US store? Don't you need a US credit card for that? I've never bought any regular music from iTunes, only the occasional backing tracks for work, and the occasional iPod/phone app. (If I buy music - like you - I prefer to buy the CD which will be WAV/AIF rather than lower quality compression.)

I've been stuck with the J-Store which of course costs more, still I don't make many purchases, but it does suck, especially since the exchange rates don't reflect the prices and the higher prices carry over to the Appstore, not just RIAA music at J-based record labels prices.

If you buy the Times direct from them as part of their digital sub, does that mean that they are not having to shell over 30% to Apple on every month? That would make it cheaper for them to do that way rather than through app store.

You still have to download the app from the store.

You just pay the times direct rather than through the store.

When you open the app, it asks for your username/password - the one that you use for the times websites.

So I don't know if that affects anything as you are not actually buying through the app store.

I signed up, 1 pound for the first month then 8.66 pounds after.

Much better than 2000 yen.

But doh more than 0 yen.

I have downloaded that for free, first month is free for new users.

Quite good. Don't know if I'd be inclined to read it every day but it's more relaxing than sitting in front of a website and clicking poking on buttons...