• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Since when has the matter of many millions of dollars, perhaps even billions into the future, been "petty"

Seems Apple agreed with me, according to a report here Adobe are "encouraged" by Apple's move to remove the restriction on the basis upon which apps can be built.

That particular point actually has nothing to do with Flash being able to be used on the devices.

When commenting on these things, JA, it would probably help if you knew what you were talking about rather than picking up on one small point that in reality isn't important/relevant and then guessing it means more than it does.

Just a thought.

Sorry? confused

Apple would not permit apps like flash to operate in their environment.

Quote:
According to the developer agreement, Apple removed the extra words it had added to section 3.3.1 of that license in April that blocked the Flash-derived apps: "Applications must be originally written in Objective-C, C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the Documented APIs (e.g., Applications that link to Documented APIs [application programming interfaces] through an intermediary translation or compatibility layer or tool are prohibited)."

Flash applications and websites running flash are very different things.

If they allowed sites that use flash, users can use *****.org to watch tv for free negating the point of itunes video store.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Have you seen the new iPod touch 4g?

Damn am tempted by that!

Better screen and cameras, isn't it? Anything else?

We've got a 2G and I love it. I had to jailbreak it though because one of the volume buttons on the side is already broken (stuck) and jailbreaking is the only way to disable it. You can't do it in the standard OS. If I'd had to pay 15000 for a repair to make it usable, I would have a very negative view of Apple.

no.

Yoututbe is fine. Crap quality.

THis is the ting to have if you need to carry a PC for email or just staying in touch. It's very light, small and sleek.

I got my pad out this evening while at a bar. This girl came up and started to chat about the pad. She said she wanted to stroke it..... OK.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Have you seen the new iPod touch 4g?

Damn am tempted by that!

Better screen and cameras, isn't it? Anything else?

Much faster brain than yours - so a fair bit slicker - and the updated OS too.