Japanese Proficiency Test

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did 4 then 3 was a piece of cake, but never got round to trying 2, don't think I would pass it now haven't studied kanji at all for ages, I probably forgot some of them now. No need for me and no incentive to go for number 2 or 1 now for my work!

But I may pull out the books again in winter and see if I can't boost my number of kanjis once again, sure would be nice to be able to read everything properly.

• 2 months later...

What? The listening was the easiest part for me. The last one (the sci-fi scene with the girl running off to the prototype fighter) was pretty funny, not whar i was expecting.

having said that, the rest was hell. I'll be happy if i get even 50%

I thought the first listening part, looking at the pictures had some hard questions. I kept waiting for the repeat but it never came.. you have to concertrate really hard.

The second half was easy though. That last question, i think everyone was trying hard not to burst out laughing and get an automatic red card..

I took the 1kyuu and am confident I got over 80% on the listening, though I doubt I got better than 60% overall. I was, however, lucky enough to had read an article about dairy farming in Japan that helped me answer 4 or 5 vocab questions including:

酪農(らãã®ã†ï¼‰

æºã‚る(ãŸãšã•ã‚る)

飼育(ã—ã„ã)

but I did look back and realize I messed up a few words that I actually knew which is what's gonna end up costing me

Dairy farming is a lucky article???

Of course the listening is the easiest but i was counting on getting around 90% for that part but i'm sure i got about 4 or 5 wrong.

The key is the reading comprehension. It's weighted with a lot higher marks than the other sections. Can I ask what you got for the question about the environment in this section? It seemed that people have to take care of the environment seemed like it was too easy an answer so i went for people have to look after other people. How did you interpret that piece?

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
There was a lot of 2kyu grammar in the 1kyu.

???

Yeah, grammar that is classed as the 2kyu level now appeared as answers in the grammar section for 1kyu in the early 90's.

basically meaning that it got harder..
  • 1 month later...

got my results today. 80.5% on 1kyu. a little bit better than i expected. listening was a bit disappointing with only 87/100. should have got 100 for that. Writing/Vocab 70/100 and reading grammar 165/200.

thank god that's over!

how'd everyone else do???