The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be wouldn't it.

I hope we have a good game tomorrow and really beat West Ham. They have been one of the stubborn teams against United of late.

Still smarting after Liverpool being chucked out of the CL.

It was deserved I suppose. Riise will be doing a lot of reflecting now.

Ballack does look different from last year.

Like you though, Mr Wiggles, I can't stand Chelsea either.

Can't believe that Rangers got through to the UEFA cup final. Beat Fiorientina on pens to meet Zenit St Petersburg in the Final. They whooped Munich 5-1!!

Yes, but I'm happy all the same.

Can't admit to liking Nani at all - and that butt and dive was just ridiculous. Like him even less now.

I'm going to enjoy the Chelsea match tonight. Come on OWEN!!!!

So it's all on for the last day of the season. If I remember the games are all played at the same time. That'll be a nailbiter. The sun reckons the real trophy will be on it's way to Wigan, with a backup sent to Stamford Bridge in case they win.

"What would happen if both won their games, with Chelsea scoring 20 (or whatever it takes to make up the goal difference)?"

I think it then goes on goals scored, so +50 -30 is better than +40 -20. If I remember rightly that's how Arsenal beat Liverpool to the division one title back in 89 when mickey thomas scored and they beat us 2-0 at anfield.

Sunday is going to be tough and nervewracking but I want it to start now. Unfortunately I can't be at SB this game. Thing about this weekend is the huge mindset advantage the winners will get for the CL final.