The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

What a game that was.

If Chelsea can come back and win the league, it will be one heck of a comeback.... some might even say they 'deserved' it if they did.

Personally I would rather United win it, I hope they don't bottle it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't win. They CAN'T!!!

Anyway we have all the Champions League drama to come early Wed and Thurs morning before all that continues.

The chelsea result wwas great for liverpool. if they had lost they would be 100% focused on weds, but now they will have that nice distraction of the premiership.

we can do it weds, come on u reds.

saw some gossip about if the arabs take over liverpool then they want mourinho for manager, that would be rather interesting.

I agree. I can see Liverpool pipping it, jammy Europeaners they are.

Interesting question someone asked me. What is it with "form" in the CL? Why do liverpool do good in that and nothing else. Of course my answer was because liverpool are generally not as good as they would like can't be consistent over a year long league but can be very jammy in a knockout style comp. But is it something else?

And, if it is an all-England final, will that matter?

the pressure of man utd vs liverpool in the final would be unbearable. im sure chelsea will go through, i just think things are against liverpool this time. we got the home leg first, we lost the toss and Terry changed ends, and now we will know that we have man utd in the final before the chelsea game which i think will make a few players snap. i know i would not have the bottle to play man utd in the final as a liverpool player, imagine 'doing a riise' in the final to lose the game, you would be damned for eternity.

I woke up at 3am without the help of my clock.

No Rooney or Vidic in the United team. \:\(

I really hope that Nani has learnt how to pass to his team-mates in the last 3 days.

I hope this is worth it.

I think I am hoping for Liverpool to win. I think United will be able to beat them easier than Chelsea, and the win would probably be very sweet.

That was fun.

Sorry to see Chelsea go through. Anyway, hopefully United can beat them in the league and then go on and beat them to the CL cup.

Not what I expected, but it looked deserved.

Can't stand Chelsea, but go on there big Avram! The most ridiculed man in English football has just done what the most overhyped one could not. Ballack at least looks a different player to when he was under Mourinho.

I quite enjoyed that, though disappointed with the result. Liverpool would have been so much the better final I think. But then again we can go and beat Chelsea to the 2 titles, which if it gets done would be very satisfying.