• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

Man I'd be running straight to the dunny if I eat chiko rolls.

The only thing I consider eating out of UK is ox tongue and tail. Roast with spuds, parsnips, and pumpkin and Yorkshire Pud. Mashed potato. The rest is garbage. I can't believe I grew up on tinned baked beans and birds-eye fish fingers... yuk.

Went to preparatory school in Wimbledon. Rice pudding for desert smile

At least it was better than the school lunch in Japan when I went back. Bowl of noodle soup, one bread roll and milk. I couldn't believe it. I asked what's for dessert. The Japanese kids all looked at me and I told them what it had been like for me and their jaws dropped.

Ah, yeah, in japanese schools we sometimes had fried whale meat. Beef was expensive and that was a cheap source of protein then. Maybe that' s the reason Japanese can't give up on the taste of whale meat.

I still have porrage for breakfast with salt.

British food gets a bad rap but I love it! To say that everything else in the UK sucks is totally wrong. You said it yourself, your mum gave you Fish Fingers (nothing wrong with baked beans my good man), there is plenty other good food to keep you away from fish fingers.

I was telling my girlfriend about rice pudding and she thinks the idea of sweet rice is disgusting...I love rice pudding!! My gran used to make baked rice pudding and it had that lovely almost burnt sugar skin on it...amazing!!

Ok. I admit I am not being fair. But I had real oven baked beans in Kentucky USA and I felt cheated I've been eating beansmeans H. In Australia they have yummy fish'n chips and NZ is even better! Not that news paper wrapped stuff in UK. Aussie hamburgers with The whole lot (betroot ,eggs, bacon, pinapple) beats wimpy's and macca's anytime.

I'm not insulting family cooking. My friend Mcdougal's wife is a British chef and I learnt a lot from her.

I even had Welsh blood pudding for X'mas. Thought it was OK.

But you got to admit food quality is not so good in the UK. I would't like to order a T-bone there. Aussie organic grass fed beef from may mate (butcher!) It's good to have a friend who is a butcher.

Sorry I am complaining. Bead is disappointing in UK, Australia and Japan.

German bread is one of the best in the world!

Sorry jynnx but you're talking sh*t . Have you ever tried Aberdeen angus beef? Bread? The UK has so many different types and styles of bread it's unbelievable.

Anyone that insults another countries cuisine, saying silly things like you did, doesn't deserve to eat food. They should be sat down and forced to eat McD all their life.

Crikey don't know what to say or do now after your bombshell. Just hope you never cook for me razz

Macca's !! noooooo

But seriously Rob. You take a risk eating Fugu (blowfish) ?

Eating UK beef is like gambling with getting Mad cow disease, no?

Tell me more about UK bread.

When I am in Australia, you get rows and rows of white bread and multigrain and wholemeal but it's all similar stuff. You press it in your hands and it's like sponge!..

I'm not talking about different shapes in white, wholemeal, wheatmeal.

All similar texture. None of this toast sliced or sandwich sliced crap.

Different combination in ingredients, and good black bread. There probably are hundred types of bread here. I'll go down to a bakery and least there's 20 different black breads, 20 different rolls, not including Italian bread.

Quote:
I'm not talking about different shapes in white, wholemeal, wheatmeal.

I'm not either.

Quote:
There probably are hundred types of bread here.

Probably are here, though I don't count them (why would I?)
I could even get that nasty dry black bread if I really wanted to.

God - in the UK we have

- wholemeal

- wholegrain

- brown

- white

- loaves

- baguettes

- bagels

- rolls

- ciabatta

- foccacia

- crusty rolls

- pumpernickel

- rye bread - german style

there's loads! Go into your local bakery and check. We have lots of British style bread, and some of the best from around the world.

And yes, I do eat fugu, because like good beef anywhere around the world, you need a license to prepare it correctly, unless you live out in the sticks. wink Damn inaka-jins razz