Just got a new supply of HP Sauce from home!! Along with a couple packs of Twix single fingers, Tunnoks Caramel Wafer's and Caramel Logs!! Oh yeah, cups of tea and biscuits all round!! smile

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

They don't taste the same......for brown sauce it can only be HP. Daddies and all the other brands are just crap in comparison. Mines is in a large squeezy plastic bottle.

HP by the way stands for Houses of Parliament, the sauce was first made when Winston Churchill couldn't taste the food for the cigars. He wanted something to brighten up his taste buds. The chef at the lobby cafe came up with a tangy fruity sauce based on tomatoes but added spices like salt n vinegar and pepper. It was an instant success, and the chef left the House and started his own factory. The rest is history.

Gimme 10 minutes, I'll put that in Wiki.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a new bread shop a 5 minute walk from my place. It's fabulous, they do all the usual things but do them well. My favorite at the moment is the heavy scones with chocolate chips and caramel sauce on top. That is most definitely cho-yummy!

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried that. The frying melts away the lard in the "meat" and leaves emulsified MSG preservative binding agent which blends into the fried flour. It's like biting into fried grey fat.

Needs an 8 pint prelude