The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be bad when people want Sven back eek.gif

"Now we know for sure that Steve McClaren is not Sven Mk II: England would never, ever have lost this badly under the managership of Sven-Goran Eriksson. This was a shambles; a proper doing; a miserable, cowering performance that evoked the darkest days of Graham Taylor - chiefly the dismal 2-0 defeat in Norway in 1993." Guardian

The Sun

"If there has been a lower ebb in the tide of English football, please remind me."

It just keeps on getting worse! Hard to believe possible

This one is good too

"Asked to play a 3-5-2 system by McClaren, they performed in the first 30 minutes like strangers in a daze. If McClaren had asked them to sing Merry Christmas in Urdu, they could hardly have looked more baffled"

lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by 2pints,mate:
Apparently, there was a "bobble", whatever one of those is
As the ball goes in, you can see big adverts for Borat on the electronic hoardings all around that side of the pitch and the goal.

Very fitting somehow.

Yes I noticed that. Ha.

At last we get a good time for a game early Saturday night our time \:\) Not sure the players are keen, but I am/

Quote:
Newcastle striker Michael Owen has hinted that he could commit to the club for the rest of his career. (Daily Star)
Yeah right Little "I'm rubbish now" Mick. Bet you would too. When do you come back from your broken body? May? No guarantee of a complete recovery? A long term deal for 10000000 a week sounds good to me while you can.

Question. Just saw an interesting clip on the news in the Spain vs Argentina game where there were 10 players in the goal defending a free kick. If there was a foul in the penalty area, how come it wasn't a penalty???

I saw that on the news here. Looked really funny. lol.gif Thats all I saw though not the play that resulted in it.

"Wayne Rooney has opened 'contract-for-life' talks with Manchester United. (Daily Star)"

I don't think I've ever seen a newpaper called Daily Star. Is it new?

I got to see it. His goals are sometimes spectacular but I really don't like Drogba.

Liverpool game over the weekend then. Looking forward to that one.

yes totally depressing. they played like a bunch of strangers. lots of arguing among the players i noticed too.

nice to see it was in high vision though, more of that please sky, seeing how much you charge.

1 thing - it looks like it will be closer this year. Long way to go and all that but..

Liverpool are almost definitely out of it though. 11 points adrift already. Practically impossible to catch the leaders. They would have to go on an incredible "win everything for the rest of the season" streak, which seems highly unlikely, and also see Chelsea and Utd slipup a lot.

Bai bai wave.gif

How the weeks fly by. And the game this weekend it at a good time.

Did you read that about McClaren doing a tour of the players to ask them why they are so crappy? lol.gif