The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems the 'liverpool curse' as I call it still lived on with Morientes. It used to happen to every good player we bought in the 90s - David James, Stan Collymore, Neil Webb, Nigel Clough etc etc - they all suddenly turned crap once they put on the red shirt.

Very open game this morning for United and Celtic. Glad we won in the end but they asked a lot of questions. Fantastic free kick from Nakamura as well.

Ah, tired now/

Quote:
I've got a horrible feeling Liverpool might buy him for the marketing benefits.
Don't like him bobby?

From what I have seen he seems a really decent player. AND, if he joined Liverpool, their games would be on Sky EVERY WEEKEND. Think of that! \:\)

From today's Torygraph

"Arsenal's multi-national team are believed to have set a Champions League record during the 2-1 win in Hamburg — when Justin Hoyte replaced Kolo Toure in the 28th minute it was the first time a side had fielded 11 players from 11 different countries in the competition.

The Arsenal 'World XI' was: Jens Lehmann (Germany); Emmanuel Eboue (Ivory Coast), Johan Djourou (Switzerland), Justin Hoyte (England), William Gallas (France); Tomas Rosicky (Czech Republic), Gilberto (Brazil), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Alexander Hleb (Belarus); Emmanuel Adebayor (Togo), Robin van Persie (Holland). They had their 41 minutes of fame, then Lehmann's personal shutout record was ended after 853 minutes when Boubacar Sanogo scored for Hamburg in the final minute."

Let's multinational clap.gif

Arsenal have been getting rid of English players for what seems like a long time now.

Big big weekend

Liverpool vs Chelsea

Man Utd vs Arsenal

I wonder how that lot will turn out.

Here's my prediction:

Liverpool vs Chelsea: 1-1

Man Utd vs Arsenal: 2-0

Here's what I want:

Liverpool vs Chelsea: Liverpool score more than Chelsea

Man Utd vs Arsenal: 0-0 or any draw

Even though we lost, and put in a less than great performance, it was a really exciting game (well definitely the first half). Something about that Arsenal keeper that I reallly don't like.

Sorry to see Chelsea beat Liverpool as well.

\:\(

We created some really great chances. But once again didn't finish it off and paid a high price.

It must be a cunning plan, though I must admit to losing faith in these cunning plans. ;\)

United can't complain at losing, Arsenal were the better team and were allowed to play too much.