The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep he is. I remember him having a dodgy period towards the end of his ManYoo time, but didn't know what he was up to after that.

I see Owens recovery will take longer.

Quote:
The FA's insurance scheme dicates that the national governing body will pay just under 50% of Owen's £103,000 weekly salary.
103,000 a week?

Not bad for doing sod all is it?

RONALDO:

"My agent will meet with the Manchester United chief executive (David Gill)," said Ronaldo. "I've said in the past my desire is to play in Spain. Will it be Real Madrid or Barcelona? They are two clubs I like and it will be one of them."

He added: "For some time I haven't had any support from my chief executive or my coach (Sir Alex Ferguson). They should have come out in my defence but no-one did.

"I am calm, I know I have done a good job and I've grown a lot in this World Cup, from a physical point of view and a mental one. In the next few seasons I will be even better."

>>>>>>>

I wonder if he really said all that?! If he did, Fergie will be ballistic the amount of support he has given Ronaldo over the last year or so. First his father died and they gave him a lot of time off for all that and then Ronaldo was accused of multiple rape and United got behind him there as well. As well as the Ruud incident at the end of the World Cup.

Ungrateful, cheeky, arrogant.... boy.

mad.gif mad.gif

You won't miss him, he sounds like a real dirtbag. Having said that, if van Nistelrooy is on his way as well... who you going to buy this summer?

The football thread on the 2nd page! eek.gif We can't be having that.

If Ronaldo is playing for United this season he is going to get some relentless stick. Having said that it didn't put him off in the semi.

I see Bellamy seemed to settle in well. Hope to get a Premiership game in over summer.

CR seems to like the controversy, as you said he fed on it in the semi finals of the World cup. It will be interesting to see the reception he gets from Old Trafford never mind the away places if he does stay at MU.

OT will accept him if he continues. It's the away fans who will give him some serious stick. If he does turn up, first day training will be interesting too. lol.gif

Just watched a cracking game. End-to-end stuff. Total commitment to attacking play. No fouls or diving. A nail biting finish, with Taiwan Ladies making an 85th minute goalie substitution, only to concede another 2 goals and go down 11-1 to Japan.

Japan Ladies have great ball skills and tactical awareness. They sold a couple of wonderful dummies.

Lots and lots.

Meanwhile Manchester United are going to make a big signing this season. It's a big cheque to pay off lots of debts. lol.gif

The scousers look like they might be getting stronger though....

2pints

"Chelsea have confirmed that defender William Gallas will not join the club on their pre-season tour of the USA.

Gallas was supposed to report back to their training camp in Los Angeles on Monday but failed to turn up."

Problems in paradise are there?