The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But look who is on top of the table.

What a brilliant performance that sounded like.

1 Man Utd 1 1 0 0 5 1 0 0 0 0 0 4 3

2 Chelsea 1 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3

3 Portsmouth 1 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3

4 West Ham 1 1 0 0 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 3

5 Bolton 1 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 3

6 Reading 1 1 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 3

7 Everton 1 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 3

8 Newcastle 1 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 3

9 Arsenal 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

10 Aston Villa 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

11 Liverpool 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

12 Sheff Utd 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

13 Middlesbrough 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 3 -1 0

14 Watford 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

15 Wigan 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

16 Charlton 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0

17 Tottenham 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 -2 0

18 Blackburn 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0

19 Man City 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0

20 Fulham 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 5 -4 0

Bayern seem pretty strong on that front, though may just be trying to increase the price. If United had been more cunning a year ago, they might have got him on a free next January - or at least a much reduced charge.

Liverpools league plan is just that - cunning.

\:\)

Ive just started playing with google calendar and I was thinking it'd be good if the sky perfect tv premiership live games were on there. you can share calendars, meaning once the data is there you can import the fixtures to your personal calendar.

Just needs someone to type in the data - any volunteers? ;\)

Tell me when it's done bobby, cheers mate. \:\)

Actually, stuff like that I never use. I just bookmark the page on skys page and check that our every Thursday, dead simple.

What sky pack are you other football fans on then this time? I'm still deciding whether to go with the champions league set a well this time.

Not into this start by Arsenal. \:\(

And a very curious post on the BBC rumours today:

Quote:
Several Premiership clubs are talking about bringing in end-of-season play-offs which could see the club finishing sixth winning the title. (Sunday Express)

I'm still not sleeping well since I came back so I stayed up to watch the Chelsea game last night. They are not looking quite the same this time round, not convincing at all. Perhaps the new members aren't settled down yet.

Im on sky110 so im getting the soccer selection pack. different games to on sky but a similar amount, and cheaper i think (2000yen/month). cant rememember if that includes champions league or not.

man utd have had a great start but they looked ropey against watford. liverpool have been awful, but that dirk kuyt dude looks good.

itll be interested to see how sunderland respond next weekend with roy keane in charge.

Keano will bully them and some of them will cry like little babies. I'm not that Kean on him aha but he may well make a great manager. He may well go way over the top as well and be a shite one. Probably the first though.

At the moment Soccer Selection + Kaigai Soccer Set @ 3600 a month. Considering either swapping the Kaigai part for Champions league or just adding Champions League as well.

Has anyone here actually played soccer good? I was not interested in soccer before, but after the previous Wcup in 2002, it has gotten my attention a bit, still don't know rules completely though.

When I watched the semi final ( Italy vs Germany), an Italian FWder Gilardino broke the right side and kicked the ball backwards and again kicked it straight to the goal but no luck

Excited and wondered how come a player can do that good!? ( Because they are pro, duh!) Also saw some many other nice stuff like the super goal which Max Lodriguez of Argentine did. Very impressive. clap.gif

I used to be able to play fairly well gamera. Obviously not nearly good enough to be a pro.

You need a lot of practice basically as with most things. And a lot of natural talent is also very helpful.

I used to play for three teams including my county, but then I kind of gave up and starting studying more, seeing girls. But before then I was playing football probably 3 hours a day every day from about 7 to 16 years old.

Im quite interested in this roy keane thing. A nice quote from today:

Quote:
On Sir Alex Ferguson

He said: "I was very, very fortunate to play under him and I'm sure he'll lend me a few players if I need them."

eek.gif Maybe he is just trying to wind him up \:\)

He said sorry. Aaaaah.

Did you see this too? Can't believe it! Is this just madness or what.

Quote:
The biggest joke is Eriksson will continue to receive £90,000 a week for his first six months out of work and a further £45,000 a week after that until the end of May.

That means the 58-year-old will trouser another £3.2m from the FA this season — unless he lands another job.

90k a week - where is the justification for that kind of money?

He should get 45 pounds a week like the rest of the layabouts on the dole.

Or at least, he should have to go into the dole office to collect his 90k in used notes and try to get out alive.