The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you admit that - they do seem to always cause such a fuss and leave a bad taste when they lose (which of course normally is a thing I like to happen).

stayed up till 3am to see liverpool wii-d on from a great height in high vision glory. we started well but the first goal killed us. lots of people baying for benitezs blood now with all this gerrard on the wing stuff. i think its just a new team with lots of new faces, needs some time to settle down. if he kept playing the same team each week i think it would help.

He has been on the verge before, he must be getting pissed off however much he loves the place. It seems totally insane to play him out of his best position.

Found this funny bit on bbc:

Quote:
Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has painted a grim picture of life in England. "The food is truly catastrophic, and it rains all the time. When there's no training or match, it's a DVD under the quilt to keep warm." But the Frenchman insists he is happy at Old Trafford. He added: "Each day I thank God to be playing in a club like this."
lol.gif

I don't know rach. Doesn't seem to have created much interest!

No Wigan game this week. AGAIN.

I'll have to make do with the Arsenal vs Newcastle. Lets hope Newcastle give a good fight.

Rafa needs to play Stevie in the center. It doesnt make sense to use him on the wing. If we win today against Middlesboro and stevie plays in the center he cannot put him on the wing. He is better off putting someone like Zenden on the wing. Silly!! Gerrard wont leave the club. He couldnt after all that stuff with Chelsea. It has just been a bad start to the season! Again! Also, all of our front line has changed again => we are not scoring goals!!!

Hi moloney - you a scouser? \:\)

I don't understand Gerrard. He seems to have been on the verge a few times. Whats to say he won't do that again and this time actually move. After all, he ultimately wants to be in a winning side. Of course he wants it to be Liverpool, but they aren't looking like that right now. He must be frustrated.

West Ham in an hour or so. Not got a ticket this time so has to be on the telly. Should be a win.

That Nakamura came back to score another fantastic goal against United this morning. He did in the previous CL match if I remember correctly. He is better at free kicks than any of our players from what I can see.

Was chatting to a colleague about that goal and he said Nakamura has been dropped from the Japan national team? Whats that all about, surely he is is the only Japanese player playing champions league level football...?

yeah, just something my colleague said, could be total BS, cant be bothered to check it out online.

liverpool man city on sat and then chelsea man utd on sunday, im gonna be bleary eyed come monday.