The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.gif

I've probably seen him more than you guys, but can't say I'm impressed. And that award is a joke, surely.

Anyway Arsenal up to 3rd now after beating the pie-eaters. It's almost surprising to be there after all the lacklustre performances this season.

Chelsea really haven't got it together this season like they had the last two have they. They just don't look as total as they did before, lots of 1-0 scape wins. Man Utd are looking the better, whether they can keep up the pace though is the big q.

Too many stars at chelsea now. not keen on Ballack and Shevchenko (can you believe I am saying that?). Good players but a team is more than just the sum of its individuals. Thats what they have lost now they are full of stars. People leaving acrimoniously cant have helped morale either.

Anyway, Im looking forward to man utd winning it this year and the look on mourinhos face. The media war of words will be something to see too as the race gets down to the wire.

Slighly unnerving isn't it? bobby12 and I (both ardent Liverpool supporters) actually wanting Man Utd to win the title.

eek.gif

You wouldn't want to say that out too loud in the pubs in Anfield.

Nice draw, I like it! clap.gif

Porto v CHELSEA

CELTIC v AC Milan

PSV Eindhoven v ARSENAL

Lille v MANCHESTER UNITED

Roma v Lyon

Barcelona v LIVERPOOL

Real Madrid v Bayern Munich

Inter Milan v Valencia

Concentrate on the game in hand though..

I don't really know if Lilles is good or bad, but there's some good games lined up there. I see all the 2nd games will be home for the England teams.

Wow interesting results last night. I was gutted at chelseas comeback.

I still think this new ball is a joke, the way it swerves in the air. Lampard and Drogba would never have scored those with the balls from 5 years ago. These days you can just shoot from 30 years and if its on target it has a great chance of beating the keeper.

I still think Liverpool are in it. If chelsea hadnt comeback last night the difference would have been only 9 points between us.

Me too but there were some cracking goals in that game. Chelsea have this habit of sneaking those 3 points in the bag though. As the commentators say so often "the true sign of champions" ( \:o )