The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose he is well past the point of sitting down and thinking "how on earth did I get to be earning this ludicrous amount of money".

Are there any other players in the LA Mars Troopers team with names? Do they play on full sized pitches? (Bet they don't use jumpers for goalposts).

Quote:
Sounds like he wants to make the club the Man Utd of USA
Something that in the next couple of hundred years is totally impossible.

He loved Manchester United and they got rid of him. It sounds like he still loves Manchester United. Which is totally understandable, of course. But they would not be having him back.

News of the world yesterday

"DAVID BECKHAM went through such agony over his decision to move to Los Angeles that he wept tears of despair, the News of the World can reveal."

Tears of despair?!?

confused.gif

I see he will be left out of the team as well in Madrid. Can he walk away from it or go somewhere in the meantime anyone know?

Must have been a hard and desperate choice to make for him. Poor man.

The news of the world always has some wonderful exclusives. What kind of person actually spends their money on that? wakaranai.gif

Anyway back to the Premiership where we are still 6 points ahead. \:D

Probably. Jose looked miserable after the 4-0 win the other night, it'd be interesting if he were to leave. I wonder if he'd take Terry and Robben with him. I wonder how Chelsea would fare without him. You have to say it takes more than money to make a team successful.

Gonna be a great weekend of footy. Time for our revenge against chelsea. I reckon losing those two against arsenal the other week will do our season good - we cant lose at home again surely, and we can concentrate on winning the league or taking 2nd place this year.

I will pray (to ANYONE) that this does not happen. Please, no.

>>>>>>>>>

Eriksson holds out for Chelsea job

Former England manager stalls over Marseille post; Champions League club is Swede's top priority

Matt Scott

Thursday January 18, 2007

The Guardian

Sven-Goran Eriksson is turning down jobs in the hope of succeeding Jose Mourinho as Chelsea's manager in the close season. The former England manager believes the current intrigue at Stamford Bridge may lead to a vacancy and he has cleared his diary in case a call comes from the Premiership champions

eek.gif eek.gif

Can't wait. I just wish both games were on Saturday, one after the other. Oh well. Come on United!! And come on Liverpool (this week) clap.gif

I'm feeling good about tonight. If we beat them today we'll be just 5 points behind. 2nd place a possibility. It would be so good if Chelsea could only managed 3rd or even 4th (not only because it would mean us probably being 2nd lol.gif )