• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm That ref blows and is was part of the problem. Fifa wanted to show to England that they would stand by their ref. He just blew it period, when players like Zidane are abused all game and then called names they will finally react. If the racist remark is true i sugjest this strip Italy of their World Cup. Dont give it to anyone. Tell the world the the Cup is for those that play fair and treat others with respect. It seems that this is the first world cup where no one should be a champion because no one played or acged like one. ITs a team game you loose or win as a team.

the funniest thing about this whole thing is that nobody is talking about the Italians winning the cup. It's all about Zidane lol.gif . The fans were booing when the Italians were presented the cup and I don't think Blatter was even there. I heard he was worried about being booed too. Not quite the cinderella ending for the world cup.

Anyways, I read on some site that this headbutt will go down in soccer folklore to go alongside Maradona's 'hand of God'.

I'd say this is bigger than hand of God, I cant see how the story could really be any bigger unless he did a Cantona drop-kick on Sepp Blatter when he collected his medal or something.

as a Man city fan, that Cantona kung fu kick was one of the best acts I've ever seen a footballer do.

While not condoning violence, etc, it was so good to see a total scumbag getting what he deserved!

(do you think Cantona had been watching Taxi Driver!?)

back on topic... it was hardly a fantastic world cup, despite great hosting by germany, so it was good to have something to talk about - definately an act that will become folk-lore

Quote:
Zinedine Zidane has been banned for three games and fined £3,260 for head-butting Italy's Marco Materazzi during the World Cup final.
He must be really smarting this morning with that fine. Hope he had enough saved up.