• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITALY! wow, just got home from the bar, interesting game. I was supporting Italy with my Italian mate, he was in tears.

Excellent composure from all 5 penalty takers for Italy.

Zidane?? WTF was he thinking??? Matarazzi must have sent something awfully bad about his mother for him to lose his cool so badly, astounding lose of composure from the Frenchman in his swansong performance, such stellar career ended on a sour note.

Quote:
Zidane may forever be haunted by the moment of madness which cost him a second World Cup title.
from BBC.

Cannonball maybe not, but it was a pretty definite headbut to the chest there - inexcusable.

What a nutter.

And what a shame to end his career on that.

confused.gif

What a shame for Zidane. Domenech said that it would have been better to take him off 5min from the end so that he could have got the standing ovation he deserved. Damn, what an exit \:\(

well, he did have 2 good headers, and at least he got sent off for something concrete rather than something like Rooney.

I guess I won't be cracking the champagne tonight...got a bottle of red instead \:\(

I watched the end of it this morning. What was he thinking there? Not much sympathy though, totally his own foolishness.

How come some teams can take penalties well (most teams). And some are just so useless (england).

confused.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Cannonball maybe not,
thats what I meant by Matarazzi milking it, he made it look like a cannonball hit him and he did it so instantanously too.

But let's face it, Zidane is totally the one to blame here not the Italy player.

He might have milked it a bit but he got a full on chest headbut there!!!!

I am not doubting at all what Zidane did was utter lunacy, I said so much in my first post. I was looking at the whole incidence and noting Matarazzi made the most of Zidanes brain explosion.

Or if they are gonna insist on playing out the full 30 mins of overtime, why not call it a draw and come back and replay the match a few days later. They could have a day set aside in case, and everyone would be much happier I reckon. They'd be making more money, and they spend so much time and effort on the thing anyway, it seems a shame to have it decided on a penalty shootout.

lol.gif

OK, there is the possibility that the second game would go to a draw too. Seeing as they are trying to make this about who is the best in the world, and considering that either side that makes it that far on any given day could possibly win it, wouldn't a best of three series be fairer. Or rather than best of three (considering that a draw might be more likely in a game), first team to get a win out of a possible three games. Works for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by snowglider:
yes and excellent instant and full exploitation of situation by Matarazzi, looked like he was hit by cannonball,
Head butt 9/10
The Fall 10/10
Look at it again. That's definitely a proper decking headbutt.

Since it falls squarely within the parameters of the beautiful game, that headbutt will be remembered forever. At least he didn't 'handball' his opponent. Flawed genius and ultimate disappointment - it's the true stuff of football.

Headbutt 10/10.