• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately,

Scolari = smart

Sven = not

\:\(

I hope they throw the cunning plans out of the window. How about just playing some good footie? mad.gif

Great lineup for the quarters, it must be said.

Young Wayne or the largely subdued Stevie G has to step up for England. They're the only two special lads we've got. Beckham could do it with a free kick, I suppose, but that's not what I call football. Its like watching Tiger Woods hit a nine iron. Except only once in ninety minutes. One-touch stuff, dribbling, bullet headers, now that's football. The Beautiful Game.

If any of you lot use UKNova, dl the spoof documentary about Sven called something like "The Coach, The Cash, and the Women". It shows a double of him shagging on the table in the FA boardroom. It's dead funny.

Even if the England game is on at 4am (??) I will get up and watch it. There's just something about watching totally live that is worth it.

The other games I'd like to watch live as well but my body might complain so they can be in the morning.

Yep, its all about LIVE. Never the same if you watch it in the morning.

Im gonna watch the first game tonight to get my body ready for The Big One tommorow. Beckhams saying it is going to be a physical game so that should add some extra spice to it and maybe wake England up a bit.

By the way I changed my flight home so that I can watch the England semi final should we make it through. Best 8000yen I ever spent ;\)

Definitely. Live is important. I will get up at whatever time I have to to watch an important game live.

Taped or later is just simply not the same, even if you have no idea of the result.

I totally agree that live is where it's at, but I want to see England and France play and there's no way I watch from 12-2 then 4-6. So I'll just sacrifice and watch from 8to12 the next morning

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
Yeah, I fell asleep just before half time thumbsdown.gif
I wish I had. I spent the rest of the game messing about on my computer pissed.

Dull game for sure.

Almost England-like. The Argentinian coach seemed to come up with some strange subs there. I'm sure fat Maradona won't be happy (though I'm happy not to have to see him again).

More important World Cup news

Quote:
Goalio, the World Cup mascot, was banned from a local school because he does not wear any pants.
I'm surprised he was allowed to be dancing about on the sidelines last night without his pants.

That was a boring match for sure especially before the goal. Lehman on good form with the penalties. I hope the England game tonight is at least exciting. They are promising us it will be. So I guess it will be then.

How about a German vs England final?

See you after the game.