The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is interesting news. 2nd?!

Anyway Liverpool and Chelsea put on another "well-drilled display" in "another dour stalemate". Great. But we came out on top of the table.

They must have ignored the N. Ireland result then.

Souness looks like the walking dead. The end could come at any time. He won't jump so the club will have to cough up, and they don't have a replacement, so it may be protracted. Foreign coaches aren't too popular after the Ardiles (almost into Div 3) and Gullit regimes and there are basically no domestic coaches available. Well Martin O'Neill, but we'll not get him. The dream situation is that Souness shoots off to Rangers where they like and want him.

Owen better start playing soon or the whispering campaign that he's only up for England games will pick up steam. Great when he plays though. Class is permanent etc. etc.

I know nothing about T&T, but why do we always seem to get Sweden. Anyway it could be far worse for England... trouble is does that wmean we'll be shite against these 'lesser' teams?

I can feel the hype around the Japan Brazil game building already... eek.gif

Cool, seems they really want to win "this important tournament" ;\) Just kidding!

England seem to have got an, on paper at least, fairly easy group.

I'll watch it though.

Yes Wigan are suddenly not in 2nd position. I'm confident we can give United another shock though tonight. Annoyed that this seems to be the only United game this season that is NOT on tv. mad.gif