The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

champions league night, really looking forward to tonights games and the massive one tommorow chelsea vs barca. theres bound to be some drama in that one, one way or another.

shame they dont spread out the games across the whole week - i really want to watch the real madrid vs arsenal game as well as the liverpool one tonight.

wonder what the odds are on liverpool to take the title again?

That was truly horrific - I hate it so much when teams sit back and get shafted all game then somehow grab a lucky goal.

What is going on with our strikers? We havent looked like scoring with our front men since Owen left. Bringing Fowler back was over sentimental, no-one wants to say it but lets face it he isnt good enough to be in this liverpool team. It was a good PR move but he hasnt impressed me on the pitch in his apperances so far. I think Morientes needs some kind of shock therapy or something to bring him back to life too. Grr...

With you there bobby. Not impressed. 2nd game is at home though, so hopefully we can get a couple and go through.

Great Henry goal there for Arsenal - just saw it on tv now.

Enjoyed that Chelsea game - divine justice prevails as they get a man sent off following a bit of play acting. Hard to see them coming back from this with 2 away goals against them.

For me, I hate Chelsea 50x more than I do Man Utd or Everton. Last night was the first time in my life I have wanted a british team to lose in europe. The main reason is that they have beaten us so much recently, apart from the big one in the champions league last year, but also some of the things Jose Morinho comes out with appalls me. He was talking so much crap last night in the post-match interview with sky, he looked like he was gonna cry any second and his english made no sense at all. He was trying to make some kind of snide attack on Sky for how they reacted to the Robben dive but it just came over as gibberish.

He makes for good headlines though does Jose.

Anyway whats with the lack of live Carling Cup final tonight on the tv. I can't find it on any of the listings. Not happy about that. mad.gif