The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quotes according to the sun

SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON is back in the headlines for the wrong reasons again today.

And here are the embarrassing revelations about England players he freely made to an undercover News of the World reporter.

ON ASTON VILLA:

"The chairman (Doug Ellis) is an old man today. He's sick."

ON ENGLAND SKIPPER DAVID BECKHAM:

"Beckham and I have a relationship like that (crossed his fingers). We are friends, but a lot of respect."

ON WHEN BECKS WILL LEAVE REAL MADRID:

"This season or next season. But if he already wants to leave then they would sell him... Monday I spoke to him about this. Not about Aston Villa.

"He wants to come to England because he is a bit frustrated.

"Because this is his third season never winning anything. And he can't see things going to be better.

"Some of the big stars are getting older, like Roberto Carlos and (Zinedine) Zidane, and he has had five managers in three and a half years."

ON MANCHESTER UNITED STRIKER WAYNE ROONEY:

"It is his temper....he's come from a poor family. His father was a boxer....he could have been a boxer as well."

ON NEWCASTLE'S RECORD BUY MICHAEL OWEN:

"I talked to Michael Owen and said 'you are happy?' He said 'not really with the club, but economically I never earned that money in my life'. So they paid the salary more than Real Madrid did.

"He said 'they gave me a house, they gave me a car, it's incredible'. They had to do it because in any other way he wouldn't have gone there."

ON MANCHESTER UNITED DEFENDER RIO FERDINAND:

"Dropped once, because he was not in shape. He is lazy sometimes."

Eriksson is also filmed claiming he would walk out on England if they triumphed at Germany 2006.

He said: "If we win the World Cup I will leave and say goodbye.

"After five and a half years ... it's a long time to be England manager."

And he also managed to irk Wales' fans.

Asked if Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs would prefer to play for England, the Swede reportedly replied: "Yes, of course ... but he doesn't qualify for England."

What on earth kind of hold does he have over the FA??? It must be something big

"While Eriksson made a round of contrite calls to his players to head off any dressing room tension, senior figures at the Football Association conducted a flurry of telephone conversations before letting it be known that his position as England boss was not in danger."

Mahmood's other victims

Freddie Shepherd and Douglas Hall, April 1998

The Newcastle United directors called northern women "dogs" and their £15m signing, Alan Shearer, "Mary Poppins", and bragged about brothels and prostitutes. They resigned only to be reinstated by the club.

Johnnie Walker, April 1999

The Radio 2 DJ was filmed cutting cocaine at the Grosvenor House hotel and offering to hire prostitutes for the fake sheikh. He was fined £2,000 after pleading guilty to drug possession.

Countess of Wessex, April 2001

Prince Edward's wife met the fake sheikh over a business lunch at the Dorchester. Indiscretions included calling William Hague "deformed", Cherie Blair "horrid" and Gordon Brown's budget "a load of pap". The incident led the countess to quit her high-flying PR job.

Diane Abbott MP, May 2004

Mahmood posed as a member of a Kashmiri terror group and was invited to the Commons by Abbott. He tried to lure her to Dubai and offered a donation to aid his cause; Abbott refused both.

Carole Caplin, June 2005

Cherie Blair's former style guru told Mahmood, posing as a potential client, that "Tony's in dire straits", calling him "overweight" and suggesting he drank too much. She also criticised Nigella Lawson and Delia Smith and called Gillian McKeith "ugly as ****".

Princess Michael of Kent, September 2005

Mahmood posed as a property buyer to lure the princess, who suggested that Prince Charles had only married Diana as "a womb ... somebody to give him children". She also defended Prince Harry's choice of Nazi fancy dress. "He will never live it down," she said.

"But I believe if he had been wearing the hammer and sickle there wouldn't have been so much fuss made. And yet what does a hammer and sickle stand for? Russia, Stalin."

lol.gif

Quote:
Arsene Wenger complained that the "sun had got in the eyes" of his team when it was really Everton who had got up their noses.
Nice one Arse! Good one Everton.
Everyone really is making it easy for us this season aren't they?

One of my mates from Hull is into Huddersfield - they're 5th in CC Leauge 1 at the moment... unlike the Premiership it looks pretty tight up at the top there.

Getting a bit boring isn't it Shiny?

I'm looking forward to the Liverpool lads going on to OT today though that should be a good watch. Probably end with a draw as well which plays in our hands.

Just what has happened to Arsenal, Bag?

FA Cup, last 16 draw:

Preston/Crystal Palace v Coventry/Middlesbrough

Newcastle v Southampton

Aston Villa v Manchester City

Everton/Chelsea v Colchester

Charlton v Brentford

Liverpool v Manchester United

Bolton v West Ham

Stoke v Reading/Birmingham

Bring it on Neville!! lol.gif