The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

The United game was shite.... 0 - 0, who would have guessed. Guess it is all over now. If Chelsea win tonight that's it right?

Mr Fowler is on a scoring streak. clap.gif

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes very disappointing. I think everyone was expecting a 4-0 pasting, maybe thats why it ended up 0-0. Bit of an anti-climax hey?

We just have to keep hold of that 2nd position, I'd be happy with that for now.

Yes Chelsea only need 1 point from their last 3 games to win now. I bet they would actually prefer to get that against United next week than anywhere else.

Oh well time to start hoping Man Utd lose again. They'll get crapped on by chelsea so that means we only 3 points behind them, maybe a chance to sneak in and grab 2nd...

Blimey the "Gerrard moving" stories have started already.

"Real Madrid have confirmed that Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard is on their shortlist of transfer targets for next season.

Gerrard, 25, almost left Anfield for Chelsea last summer - and the summer before that - before being persuaded to change his mind by Rafa Benitez, and a substantial increase in his pay packet."

Hope it's a good game tonight for you Bag.

Gerrard aint going nowhere, certainly not to a has-been team like real \:\) I think this is an important time for Real, because Zidane, R.Carlos, Raul etc are getting past it and need replacing, in fact most of their galacticos are past it now. Ronaldo is fat and he wants out anyway.

Lots of talk of Arsenal walking it tonight but I think its going to be a very hard one for them.

Should do, Villereal have got to the semi final and they have only won 3 games! Those were all 1-0 I believe too. So not much chance of them getting 2 in the return leg methinks. The main thing is Arsenal didnt concede an away goal - I can see it being 0-0 or 1-0 to Arsenal in the next match, maybe even 3-0 or so if they get a goal in the first half and draw Villereal out of their 10 men behind the ball approach.

Chelsea 1 - 2 Liverpool

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was incredible. The last 20 minutes were complete torture though, we wouldnt have stood a chance if it had went to extra time. It was great to see Mourinho get a whooping, still he was doing his moaning about the referee being against them (if anything the opposite was true) and wouldnt give any credit to Liverpool. Get out! No more double for you sonny boy!

Good ole Stevie G

clap.gif

Steven Gerrard had further cause for celebration last night after being named the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year. The 25-year-old England midfielder topped the poll as voted for by his peers ahead of the other five leading candidates: the Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and the Chelsea trio of Joe Cole, Frank Lampard and John Terry, last year's winner.

The 20-year-old Rooney picked up

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1760028,00.html

mad.gif

Manchester United are facing a clean-up bill running into thousands of pounds after Liverpool supporters went on the rampage at Old Trafford during their FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea. Seats were ripped out, toilets smashed and graffiti daubed over the walls making crude references to the Munich air disaster.

United's directors, among them the Munich survivor Sir Bobby Charlton, have been described as "appalled" by the level of damage in the stands housing the Liverpool fans and particularly the amount of graffiti and its explicit nature.

Well I saw some pics.... sad that there are idiots like that.

Anyway Arsenal in the CL final, hey? Who'd have thought? I don't think they'll win it though.