The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch it (was it on?) but I see England lost last night. On the BBC website:

"It capped a nightmare England display"

"England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's growing band of critics were provided with an almost limitless supply of ammunition by an abject performance."

eek.gif :rolleyes:

I think it is only being shown tonight as a recorded game rach on sky2. I won't bother I think.

I like the Guardian comment best

"Anyone still bleating about giving Eriksson more time is now legally obliged to stop. This was a dreadful performance from England, conceited, lazy (for which the players are to blame), and full of misunderstandings and players shackled by being out of position (which seem to stem from Eriksson's reluctance to leave certain people out)." lol.gif

"David Beckham and Wayne Rooney squared up to each other in the England dressing room at half-time in last week's 1-0 defeat by Northern Ireland. Several of their team-mates, led by Rio Ferdinand, had to intervene to stop the captain and the teenager coming to blows.

Beckham had already clashed with Rooney on the pitch a few minutes earlier when the Manchester United striker, in his latest display of bad temper, told Beckham to '**** off'. Beckham had told Rooney to calm down after he had first kicked the ball deliberately at David Healy, then raised his arm in a challenge with Keith Gillespie, earning himself a yellow card that will prevent him playing in England's penultimate World Cup qualifier against Austria on 8 October."

They're just like little boys aren't they, bless 'em.

Out of the top 10

"England's defeat to Northern Ireland last week has cost them their place in the top 10 of the Fifa world rankings.

That 1-0 reverse in Belfast saw Sven-Goran Eriksson's side - already coming off a 4-1 friendly defeat in Denmark - slip from seventh to 11th. It is the first time England have been outside the top 10 since June 2004."

Rooneys first red for Unuted - idiot

"Wayne Rooney was sensationally sent off during Manchester United's goalless draw against Villarreal as the England star once again fell victim to his own stupidity."

And, er, Liverpool won. clap.gif