And your current DVD purchases are...?

I just got the first 4 seasons of Seinfeld along with Meet the Fockers. My collection has grown to around 150, I'm quickly running out of space for them.

High five, High life, soul pourpose, sunny day.

Even though they dont have the big budget and its mostly jibbing High Five was my favorite movie this year followed by yearbook.

The Wiggles, High Five, Finding Nemo, TOOL limited edition plus a few comedies not worth mentioning. Also have aheap of videos that take up a lot of space like Fast and the Furious, xXx, Lock stock and 2 Smoking Barrels and Snatch to name a few.

Wiggles (yummy yummy, wiggly safari (a must) & wiggle bay), Blues clues, Elmo, Dora, Banana's in pyjama's, Blue horizon (surf) Meet the Fokkers etc etc.

Besides the kids ones I have which I bought or were pressies my collection of about 250 DVD's mainly come from Bali @ about 100Yen each!.

Not going back this year but a friend is getting about 100 newies for me!

to change the topic, the only DVD's that I have ever thrown out were the Tellietubbies.. they suck.

I don't even have a DVD player but there are 2 mmovies so good i had to get them. One is a snowboard movie from last year called 'POP', and if you like snowboarding i highly suggest you see it.

And the other is a documentary called 'The Corporation'. It goes from the premise that is if corporations (which are enshrined with the same rights as a human being) were human, what kind of human would they be? It enlists lots of people from both sides of the fence to give their story, and the FBI's head expert in phsych evaluation or something to come to th conclusion that the corporation is by defenition a a psychopath. It is very interesting (and very long, there is a ton of info in there). If you have a chance, go see it.

Someone sent me a dvd from the uk called something like the best comedy dvd of all time.... it was a charity thing for the tsunami and just has a collection of mostly brit comedy. Some real funny stuff on there and introduced me to some new people who sound really good, not just all the classics.(Can't remember the names offhand).

3 seasons:

B0002JJBZY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...?v=glance&s=dvd

(I got them cheaper than that!)

The facts have become legend. Star Trek, the NBC series that premiered on September 8, 1966, has become a touchstone of international popular culture. It struggled through three seasons that included cancellation and last-minute revival, and turned its creator, Gene Roddenberry, into the progenitor of an intergalactic phenomenon. Eventually expanding to encompass five separate TV series, an ongoing slate of feature films, and a fan base larger than the population of many third-world countries, the Star Trek universe began not with a Big Bang but with a cautious experiment in network TV programming. Even before its premiere episode ("The Man Trap") was aired, Star Trek had struggled to attain warp-drive velocity, barely making it into the fall '66 NBC lineup.

The series' original pilot, "The Cage," featured Jeffrey Hunter as U.S.S. Enterprise captain Christopher Pike--a variation of the role that would eventually catapult William Shatner to TV stardom. Filmed in 1964, the pilot was rejected by NBC the following year, but the network made a rare decision to order a second pilot. "Where No Man Has Gone Before" was filmed in 1965, and only one character from the previous pilot remained--a pointy-eared alien named Spock (played by Leonard Nimoy), whom Roddenberry had retained despite network disapproval. The second pilot was accepted, and production on Star Trek began in earnest with the filming of its first regular episode, "The Corbomite Maneuver."

Never a ratings success despite a growing population of devoted fans, Star Trek was canceled after its second season, prompting a letter-writing campaign that resulted in the series' third-season renewal. It was a mixed blessing, since Roddenberry had departed as producer to protest the network's neglect, and Star Trek's third season contained most of the series' weakest episodes. And yet, the show continued to "to explore strange new worlds…to seek out new life and new civilizations…to boldly go where no man [a phrase later amended to "no one"] has gone before."

There were milestones along the way. The first interracial kiss on network primetime TV (between Shatner and series co-star Nichelle Nichols) furthered a richly positive and expansive view of a better, nobler future for humankind. The series offered a timelessly appealing balance of humor, imagination, and character depth. And at least one episode (Harlan Ellison's "The City on the Edge of Forever") ranks among the finest science fiction stories in any popular medium. Beloved by long-time fans in spite of its cheesy sets and costumes, and the now-dated trappings of late-1960s American culture, "classic Trek" has aged remarkably well, and its sense of adventure and idealism continues to live long and prosper. --Jeff Shannon

The three 2004 DVD sets collect all 79 episodes of the show, including "The Cage" in both a restored color version and the original, never-aired version that alternates between color and black and white. Each set is supplemented by over an hour of featurettes incorporating new and old interviews with Shatner, Nimoy, other cast members, and producers, and there's also some vintage footage of Gene Roddenberry. Accompanying the 20-minute seasonal recaps ("To Boldly Go...") are a number of interesting featurettes: "The Birth of a Timeless Legacy" examines the two pilot episodes and the development of the crew; "Sci-Fi Visionaries" discusses the series' great science fiction writers; Nimoy debunks various rumors in "Reflections of Spock"; "Kirk, Spock & Bones: The Great Trio" focuses on the interplay among Kirk, Spock, and Dr. McCoy (DeForest Kelley); and, in what is probably his last Star Trek appearance, James Doohan (Scotty), slowed by Alzheimer's but still with a twinkle in his eye, recalls his voiceover roles and his favorite episodes. As they've done for many of the feature-film special editions, Michael Okuda and Denise Okuda provide a pop-up text commentary on four of the episodes filled with history, trivia, and dry wit. It's the first commentary of any kind for a Star Trek TV show, but an audio commentary is still overdue. The technical specs are mostly the same as other Trek TV series--Dolby 5.1, English subtitles--but with the welcome addition of the episode trailers. The plastic cases are an attempt to replicate some of the fun packaging of the series' European DVD releases, but it's a bit clunky, and the paper sleeve around the disc case seems awkward and crude. Still, the sets are a vast improvement both in terms of shelf space and bonus features compared to the old two-episode discs, which were released before full-season boxed sets became the model for television DVDs. --David Horiuchi

Description

STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL SERIES features the adventures of the U.S.S. Enterprise under the command of Capt. James Kirk (Shatner) and his first officer, Lt. Cmdr Spock (Nimoy) during the 23rd century. They are on a mission in outer space to explore new worlds, where the Enterprise encounters Klingons, Romulans, time paradoxes, tribbles and genetic supermen.

I thought they only did 1 season as well.

klingon, I have a question. How come the earlier klingons just look like black guys with silly mustaches, but later ones like Worf have massive cornish pastie like foreheads? Then on the prequel Enterprise series which is supposed to be set before the Original Series, the klingons have the pastie foreheads??

Do tell.

gg, about the foreheads, I think Worf once said

"We do not discuss such things to outsiders"

or something along those lines. lol.gif

1.Das Boot - realistic German submarine movie (One of the Classics!)

2. The Ten Commandments (Heston)

3. Erik The Viking.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
the first 4 seasons of Seinfeld
I wasn't aware season 4 was out yet. I've got 1-3 so far. Damn, would have loved to have 4 for my extended home stay.

I did just buy seasons 1-3 of south park though! My God those are funny! \:D I just recently completed my collection of MASH DVDs too. Just waiting for the last couple of sesons to be released. Same with the Simpsons. I've have all the seasons that have been released.

I've been going DVD mad recently in anticipation of my being stuck at home. Let's see, I just bought Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Anchorman, 50 First Dates, Goodfellas, Dodgeball, Riding Giants, and many others. The Blockbuster Video 'buy 2 used dvd's, get one free' has been working out great for me lately \:\)

(crap, my typing and spelling have gone to shite thanks to this Vicodin.......)

I've been sent over all the Monty Python dvds recently and going through them. Some very funny stuff on there (and some less than funny). Generally great stuff though.