Texas Chainsaw Massacre II is hillariously scary. Nah, not scary but I get a kick out of it. I love it! I rent it about once a year..for the past 10 years I'd guess.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
It no doubt will be.

Ahhh, one of the classic "terrible video nasties" from the 80's.
i thought it was terrible. the guy i went with thought it was pretty frightening though.

jessica biel should never be in another movie.

cabin fever was seriously very very bad. there wasnt even an element of fright in cabin fever. it was just vile and very very amateur. swearing for the sake of swearing, random incoherant scenes that lend nothing to the plot etc i do believe that anyone on this forum couldve written a more coherent movie. plus any movie that brings back Rider Strong is bound to be utter piss.

i guess texas chainsaw was "jumpy", like there were quite few moments in the theatre when i was a bit freaked out but it really didnt have a lasting impression.

basically i can see how someone might find TCM scary, but i have trouble getting my head around how cabin fever could make its way in to theatres.

I thought the recent remake of TCM contained some rather deep, excellent character studies.

The wheelchair-bound legless dirty hick with washable colostomy bag, for example. What a memorable portrait.

Another redeeming feature of the film: many of the locals had teeth suitable for dental case studies on worst-case scenarios.

It was all positively Faulkneresque...that is, if Faulkner had been a mortuary science student moonlighting at a battoir and the American south were actually an amalgam of Deliverance's Appalachian family values, the reanimated corpse school of beauty, Andy Griffith meets Evil Dead, and, of course, Dr. Lecter's Slim Jim-factory catering school.

Worth a look, if only to update yourself on what Hollywood can do to teeth after Bobby Peru's memorable screen-filling mouth-ups in Wild At Heart.

Dollar fifty movie night anyone?

\:D