Ever had anything stolen in Japan?

Apart from umbrellas.

I seem to be hearing more and more of thefts going on around me. Some friends have had their car busted into, once person someone entered their house and stole some things.

As scousers thread shows, Japan is easy pickings.

went camping out in izu for a little farewell party for enderz, and almost had my car broken into...

the would-be thiefs were apparently (and thankfully) not so skilled, but they did manage to destroy my key-hole (thank-god for keyless entry! and thank-god for rental cars!)...

kind of a shocker for me...just never really expected that here...

danz

50,000 yen from my suit pocket in my (unlocked) locker at work; a locked bicycle; a motorcycle cover; motorcycle winkers; motorcycle mirrors; motorcycle saddlebags; bicycle lights (twice); a shirt; a Microsoft Word 2000 CD from my (locked) locker at work; and some cheap sunglasses.

More was stolen from me in 8 years in Japan than 30 years in the US (including long spells in Detroit and L.A.).

\:\(

Some worthless punk scroat stole my CDs on the night train to Hakuba. They were beside me, I dozed off and when I woke.....gone, my favorite CDs too.. 2up.gif

I hope the prick likes Led Zeppelin and Pearl Jam

CD's are the worst thing to have stolen! It takes years to build a collection. A TV can be replaced

one trip, but CD's????

I'm still replacing mine after some complete gimp stole them a few years back. I had about 60 all gone in one swoop.

mad.gif

Kamo I feel for you mate....

From the other point of view, it must feel pretty good stealing somebody else's CD collection. The ones you don't like, you just throw out the car window... Huh?! Puffy?? Bzzzt.

Ocean are you just being argumentative again.....hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

You've never seemed like the theiving type. And being the music lover that you are I doubt you'd needlessly discard any music... \:D .

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Matthews:
CD's are the worst thing to have stolen! It takes years to build a collection. A TV can be replaced
one trip, but CD's????

I'm still replacing mine after some complete gimp stole them a few years back. I had about 60 all gone in one swoop.

mad.gif

Kamo I feel for you mate....
likewise, i had 80 cds stolen when i was in whistler. im still replacing some of them. \:\(

nothing stolen in japan yet (knock wood).

2 bycles and a few umbrellas. But I had a lost wallet returned w/ 50,000 yen intact.

Basically, I trust the Japanese way more than I do strangers in the US or anywhere else. In fact, I got robbed in Honolulu about 3 years ago and the cops asked me sarcastically.."what are you doing with that kind of cash!!!!" Like I was at fault for carrying that much of MY OWN money at one time.. wakaranai.gif But really I was. Won't do it again..in the US.

A locked bicycle and an umbrella just this week-I am a cliche crime victim it seems. I would go to the Koban to report the bike stolen but I'm scared of being kept there for a long time having my time wasted, or worse.