SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
barok

Good Souvenirs

So yeah, what are some good souvenirs ? What have you bought here in Japan, or anywhere else for that matter, that has been truly appreciated.

Alcohol seems like an obvious choice to give to men, but what about women ?

Quote:
Originally posted by dancing_barefoot:
anything that is delicate and colorful and oriental looking seems to go down well.
You bet!!

(not that bad at all, but take care at work)

Ha ha. I'm sure she would. You were just surfing the internet from one of your financial sites and it kinda popped up huh? (the picture that is, not...)? ;\)

Oh yeah, my parents love them. Good presents. Some beautifully pakced cakes are also great presents.

most north americans that I know "just say no to senbe crackers". seaweed and or soya sauce just dont go down with the futsu crowd. If the crowd is some what trendy then give it a shot.

Theres loads of senbe to choose from that doesnt feature seaweed. SOme of the sweet ones with soy sauce and granules of sugar, super hard, are popular with my crowd.

I was about to say the same - but remember to warm people about the superhard kinds..... my father broke a tooth on one a couple of years back. None too happy.

my mum wanted one of those pretty canisters that you put tea in. has washi round the outside etc. cheap light and mum likes it. We are all a happy family.

I have taken some beautiful paintings home (done on Japanese papar) that went down really well.

How about souvenirs to bring back to Japan?

I always bring lots of chocolate and teas and things from England - always goes down well and a no-brainer.

db: got sucked into that one....ain't nothin delicate about that!!

for all the rest of the chicks out there who wanna have a look...here's a warning....ooooch!!!

Hard to get them there choco ones.

Our local cake shop does some scrummy rum/raison type cookies that go down really well with the people back home.

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content