Anyone else here watch any Japanese news on the tv? I usually catch at least some of News Station on weekdays, I kinda like it.

They had "Mr. Sting" (!) on there last night looking all serious and saying about 2 sentences before he did his latest song.

I hated how they could spend 10 minutes covering a story of little significance, show the building every 15 seconds, the driveway leading upto the building, the front door etc and repeat the story more than once in that time.

Maybe it was just the country areas like shizuoka that did that. Once I got to Tokyo I didn't have a TV.

I love the local news "flash" programs. They are always so informative. The other night they told me about the drawing competition at the local village hall and had an interview with the winner. Gripping stuff \:\)

I like the way on the 'bilingual' version of the NHK news that they always say 'but they failed to reach a consensus', as if the whole goal of the newsworthy people of the world was reaching the sort of consensus of which Japanese people are reported to be fond. The Israelis and Palestinians, the Tutsis and Hutus, labour and management, Darth Maul and Qui Gon Jinn ... failed to reach a consensus.

And the tweeting of this or that bird is a sign that 'winter is just around the corner'.

Yes they like the little "light pieces" at the end, don't they. It always makes me laugh when suddenly on the national news they turn away from Iraq and the lovely music starts and they go on about how the first flower of autumn has blossomed or something lame like that. Its the way they do it more than the content, although that is laughable too.