How often do you drink alcohol?

I used to drink pretty much everynight! thats with friends & customers. Have cut it back to almost nothing no due to training.

At the Jikka I must drink! nice excuse though!

I am going to take some sho chu with me back to Australia at Xmas!

I find that Japanese booze is not drunk with gusto in foreign countries. Last time I went back I took some very attractively bottled and tasty sake with me ... and it was shunned. I don't imagine shochu faring much better. Japanese crackers and dry fish seem to go down much better.

I drink every day of the week except Monday. I usually have a hangover on Tuesday morning. It's annoying having a hangover when didn't drink the night before, but certain family members get obstreperous when I don't have my 'o-sake no yasumi'. I have appropriated this term for my own use however. When I'm too busy to have a real holiday, drinking myself stupid at home is the next best alternative.

Not that much. Half a bottle of wine, or two small tinnies of beer, or a third of a bottle of sake. I could happily consume twice those quantities, but try to keep it sensible. Running in the evening is an incentive not to get too sloshed at dinner.

Ocean,

Well, since theres no such thing as AA in Japan I just figured Im come on out and say it here \:D There... Ive taken the first step...

Ender,

I would never give that up mate. That doesnt give me hangovers lol.gif Come an party in Hiroshima if you get the chance. Maybe Ill have power this time \:o

• 3 weeks later...