• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a catch, there always is. This UMD thingee,(universal Media disc) is not so universal. Turns out it will be ROM only and they're not going to release a consumer burner drive for UMD in a attempt to prevent piracy. \:\(

Great one Sony a limited use soon to be redundant media format....just like betamax.

So if you want to watch a movie on PSP then you will have to buy a PSP Rom-disc like you would buy a DVD.

That seems like they're really limiting themselves. So they're going to have to release everything on this format if you want to watch it on this machine. Doesn't sound like the smartest idea to me. I bet they even region code the thing as well.

Sexy looking thing though.

So if you want to watch a movie on PSP then you will have to buy a PSP Rom-disc like you would buy a DVD.

....and I wonder how much that will cost. Interesting looking machine though. GT4 portable version in no way inferior to the PS2 version? Sounds cool.

• 1 month later...

Check this out:

Sony revealed a new translation application for PSP called Talkman, which turns the PSP into a multilingual translator. Talkman will be able to interpret 9 different languages with voice output. Talkman will be a launch title for PSP.

I read somewhere yesterday actually that it might be 34800 yen. That seems way too much to me... .wasnt the PS2 that when they first came out?