I'm the cook in my household. Partner cooks as well, but she likes mine better than I like hers. Having worked several kitchens in my younger years taught me the tips neded to do more than boil an egg.

Faves:

Mexican (Burritos, Enchiladas, Guacamole, Nacho's with different toppings etc)

Italian (basically pasta with any sauce I can imagine)

Creole (my chicken & Prawm gumbo is the bizz)

Spanish (Paella with Chorizo, Chicken, Prawns, scallops & vegies)

Roasts (Lamb, Beef, Pork with Honeyd Pears, Organic Chook with lemon up the date etc.)

But my favourite cooking is marinated meats and vegies on the BBQ. Especially Kangaroo, marinated in soy/lemon/garlic. Probably one of the more flavoursome meats in the world. Very gamey. Also like to grill fish on the BBQ now and then.

We do 50-50. I do the pancakes, lasagna, Indian curry and Mexican.

She does the Thai curry, roti, Indonesian and orders pizza.

The main problem is we both don't like to cook. So it is usually the one who gets hungry first has to cook. So it is more wholesome and haute cuisine.

These days it feels like I'm doing all the cooking. Time for a change!

Love cooking!! Recently been into baking chocolate brownies, muffins and Louise cake (my current favourite). Dinner is usually a simple affair as Im often too tired to make something elaborate. maybe Thai curry, fried rice, and stuff with lots of garlic..mmmm love garlic

Tricky one Guzzler's... In my experience, in our generation, men are more prolific in the kitchen than the women.

Your only hope, if Guzzler likes his food, is for you to start cooking badly, or take the cuisine in a direction that's not to his liking..., failing that, just stop cooking half the time.

(only don't blame me if he leaves you ;\) )

If Guzzler likes junk food/doesn't love his food/will eat wahatever... let it go, you'll never make a cook outta him.

After spending 13 years+ working as a chef(6 years as a graphic designer) I try to avoid it at home, although not possible. I enjoy cooking though! Favourites are Thai/ Asian dishes, did a couple of years in a Cajun restaurant cooking Jambalaya, Red Beans and other southern dishes. Today I start a "cooking in English" class (not my idea) which sounds pretty cool, see how it goes.

Cooking is only as hard as you make it! ;\)

I love cooking. I just wish I knew how to make more dishes and food from different countries too. I primarily base my dishes using the Japanese style of: shoyu, sake, and mirin. Pretty simple. I love cooking with garlic!!! YYYYYYYuuuuummmmmmmmmyyyyyyy \:D

Would actually like to take a cooking class \:\)

You should train him in basics first. I suggest things like Yaki-soba and Okonomiyake (gourmet Hiroshima style). Pastas and fried rices are easy.

I am in the same boat as Yamakashi, need to increase my cooking repetoire. I really enjoy cooking once I start cooking. lol.gif ;\) lol.gif

Am actually cooking a bit of a slap up candle lit dinner for a lady friend tonight, however last time I attempted similar I nearly ended up burning down a small pagoda where I was cooking (it was a picnic!). Thus spraying the lady I was with with beer in an attempt to extinguish the flames!! Needless to say the relationship didn`t last particularly long!! " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

Am hoping tonight will be a little less traumatic!! ;\)

I love cooking but I hate doing the dishes afterwards. Usually the deal is, I cook for you, you do the dishes. I cook Mediterranean kitchen and since I am from Greece mostly Greek cuisine. I do some teaching from time to time in a place in Omotesando but I am not professional. Mostly it is mammy’s recipes that I picked up back home. Basically I was forced to learn how to cook because my mother was working all day when I was a kid and she didn’t had always the time to prepare food.

I love cooking too, though in Japan many of the ingredients that my recipe books contain are just too hard to get hold of here, so i don't go too hard & just stay simple.

I pulled the short straw as my wife likes cooking less than me but when her and her Indian trained mate get together they cook up a 5 hr 7-8 Indo curry storm that is well worth everytime that she doesn't cook.

Quote:
Originally posted by gamera:
#1 cut any vegitables in your fridge in a 1 cm cubic or square - some carrot, onion, celery , cabbage, potato, tomato
#2 put some butter in a pan and add onion, carrot, cabbage, celery to fry with middle fire until they get soft.
#3 Add soup stock in the pan as much as you like.
Maybe you can add some water instead.
#4 Add a bay leaf or two.
#5 Add some buillon if you use some water instead of soup stock.
#6 Boil it with middle fire until it gets boiled, turn the fire weaker to simmer the pan.
Take the scum out of the pan whenever you find any.
#7 When vegitables get soft enough, add potato and some cooked rice - if you use uncooked rice, put the rice at the #3 or #4
Keep simmering the pan until the potato get soft
#8 Add tomato soon before you turn the fire off
and put some salt and pepper to fix the taste
#9 Turn the fire off then serve \:\)

eek.gif