Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

I quite like those lightweight British films, brit-gob, actually. Love Actually, Four Weddings, Notting Hill. Harmless fluff but some cool British humour that I like. They're all by the same guys, right?

what about transformers - anyone seen that yet?

it looks like a dumb action movie (nothing worng with that), but even dafter than most. suprisingly a bunch of girls in my office are raving about it, but i remain unconvinced

Not seen it yet looks like a daft one in the same kind of vein as Starship Troopers (maybe?)

But I saw Die Hard 4 and thought that was pretty good. They did pretty good on that one.

Pirates III was overlong, mixed up and generally poor.

was disappointed a bit with pirates 2 but 3 was better for me. I think the transformers one will be a hit for any kids who grew up playing with them and watching the cartoons. Not as a great movie, but as a good memory.

There's a recent british sci-fi where there isn't anyone under the age of eighteen in the world. I saw the first part at my friend's place but then had to leave and I can't remember the title to get it at the video store. Anyone know? It seemed really good.

I haven't seen a single movie this summer until July 4th - which surprised me because although I seldom go to the movies, I'd at least usually catch the latest Spiderman flick.

Anyhow, I saw Transformers with my cousins on July 4th here in Seattle. I went in expecting nothing more than a brainless popcorn flick with cool CG. I got that, but there was also a fair deal of comedy in it, and the more surprising part was that most of it worked, which I would NEVER expect from a Michael Bay movie. The CG was ridiculous. If I had seen this movie 20 years ago in my Transformer toys glory days, I probably would've died and gone to heaven.

All in all, the action was solid, the CG was excellent, the plot - well, it wasn't great but it actually had one (again, more than I was expecting), Megan Fox was screaming hot, and there was even some decent comedy. I would definitely recommend this to anyone not looking for something too cerebral.