Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Originally Posted By: its-a-clock
I went to see Die Hard this week, enjoyed it.

Another "hi-tech" one, Firewall, was rubbish.

yeah Firewall sucked eh?? But Die Hard 4 was good. Actually the Die Hard series has been playing over and over on cable tv recently, watched Die Hard 2 last night, how great are they movies??!!

Not really a movie, but:

Dexter

Just watched 12 episodes of Dexter in 3 days. What a great show, i really liked it.

A sick, but very likable serial killer working for Miami police department....

Got Transformers on DVD. Gonna watch it tonight. Friends who have watched it said it's better than sitting in the park in the pouring rain. Dunno bout that. Maybe it could be worse.

I watched "The Prestige" yesterday. It was awesome (about 2 duelling magicians trying to suss each others death defying tricks) Its also got the lovely Scarlet Johansen in it \:D

Also saw "Follow Me Around" last seasons Mac Dawg snowboard flic. Sooooo good! A pleasant lack of urban rails and an interesting soundtrack too. Highly recomeded to make the wait for winter even harder \:\(

Anyone else see it?

Watched Harry Potter (latest) with my daughter the other day. I was faintly dissapointed the actors were ever more wooden than usual and many of the scenes were too long. The whole film had a "left the handbrake on" feel about it.

It isnt like the director had to do very much, I mean the storyline is all there in the book along with most of the dialogue . All he had to do was get a toe behind the 3 leading actors and make them pretend like they cared about making the film.

"Out of the Blue" based on the true story of NZ's worst mass murderer: David Gray.

A pretty gripping and well acted small budget film. The actor portraying the protaginist put in an especially meritorious performance; you really felt he was the psychotic gun lover that snapped one late spring day in 1990.

The old bird they got to play Mrs Dickson was a quintessential Kiwi Nana - any New zealander will smile when you hear her voice.

I'm in the US at the moment. ... saw Simpsons last night. Laughed a lot, more than my nephew I went with! (I think he thought Spider Pig was silly - he was in a "teen mood").